• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you know people buy/sell coins on Bonanza? I didn't...but I do now!

3 posts in this topic

Posted at 3:18 PM CST, December 3, 2016

Good afternoon!

After one too many hassles with eBay and their shenanigans, I've spent a little time and opened a Bonanza storefront (a "booth" in their terminology) for defcat numismatics.

I didn't know Bonanza had coins (or that they even existed) but apparently they have some decent reviews, lower fees, more freedoms for sellers (such as specifying your own return policy) and, well, could their customer service be worse than eBay? I'm sure it's possible, because Comcast still is a thing. But we'll give it a shot.

Everything listed is BIN/BO. You can pay with PayPal or USPS Money Order. Feel free to send over some reasonable offers an let's make this an opportunity to get rid of sleazeBay!

Are there buyers is the question? There seems to be no way to search for Sold items (like one can do on eBay) so no real history is available. Google searches suggests that sales are quite slow. These guys have been trying for years to nip at eBay's heels and they aren't making too many inroads as far as I can tell.

The way I look at it, I'm not paying anything for the "store" - and if it takes money away from eBay or lights a fire under their a** to start respecting their smaller sellers again, then it's a winning proposition.

Doing nothing gets you nowhere. This is a low-risk alternative IMO.