• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oxidized 1935 Crown what do you think?

6 posts in this topic

I loved the oxidation that has occurred on this coin and would like it at least encapsulated to keep it from darkening anymore. I have never had any coins graded so I don't know if it would be worth having graded or not. Any information or advice is most welcome. Just a fyi, most of those little scratches or lines you can see on the obverse in pics dont show with naked eye or barely with really good lighting. There are no scratches or signs of wear on the rim. Also, if you look really hard it looks like you can see the pupil of his eye and inside his ear in detail.

s-l1600aa_zps54anzgrv.jpg

That coin is gorgeous!

It probably grades VF, but it is not worth sending in to get graded. The value is fairly modest.

Pretty much any storage method would be acceptable for that coin - it appears quite stable, and shouldn't change much over time. You can get plastic shells from most coin supply stores. These resemble slabs, and serve to protect coins just like slabs, but without the high cost of slabbing. That sounds like the best option for you.

Nice example, my only concern are the high points on the obverse- the beard and hair appear to have a bit of PVC discoloration? Could be my eyes playing tricks, or, resolution of image on my screen.

Thank you. Thats pretty much what I needed to know. I knew the coin itself and it not being unc made it pretty common, I didnt know if the oxidation though was enough to warrant slabbing as I am pretty new to the hobby. From a personal standpoint, I like this coin more than all the shiny slab examples I have seen. lol Thanks again for info.