• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1959 d DD

3 posts in this topic

I found this 1959 d with a doubling under the chin down into the neck. At least I think it is a DD. There are some oddities on the reverse columns but unsure what it is. Maybe just damage.

GgawyMWRtqJ8t65SPyCg_161011161837740.jpg

zWVspzg3Q2eypI9hLzVi_161011162323462.jpg

Hello Polly, the reverse looks like post mint damage. The obverse under the chin and neck is hard to tell; but I'm curious about the eyelid because looks like there's something weird but could just be damage. Here is a link to the 1959-D double dies- there are double eyelid varieties so maybe check that too and see if you have a match!

Keep looking!

Rich

http://www.doubleddie.com/813497.html

Hi there PocketArt.

I was told that the obverse under the chin, nose and lips is probably Die Breaks. I read up on them and looked at a few pictures and it could be Die Breaks. I will take another look at the eyelid.

Thanks for the website. I will certainly give it a look.

Double Dies and Mechanical Dies still give me some issues discerning what is what.

I will keep looking, Who knows what tomorrow may bring my way.

Thanks again for your response.