• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964 Morgan

63 posts in this topic

These threads are more fun with Mr. Mcknownothing on ignore. Watching you all respond, trying to figure out what illogical and inane nonsense he has spouted.... it is kind of entertaining in an "I want to shove hot pokers into my eyes, because it would be better" sort of way.

John is correct on the wording issue.

P.S. You have an interesting definition of "fun." :):P These threads can be painful at times (some are impervious to logic and repeat the same logical fallacies), but the discussions should be had.

I agree that the discussions should be had. But I feel like the discussion has been had, dissected, had again, re-had, permutated, and had a final time. How many times can the same discussion be had? There is no progress being made, the same arguments, distractions, and fallacies are being repeated, and nothing is accomplished except for filling up a server.

No amount of us arguing is going to convince Dcarr, no amount of Dcarr throwing straw-men is going to convince us, and no amount of... whatever it is Mcknownothing is doing... is going to convince anyone on the other side of anything. Until there is some actual action, why keep wasting our time?

You are right on many points. My thought was that the more attention drawn to this subject matter, the more people will know of Carr's works with the hope of reducing potential fraud in the secondary market. It is hoped that the FTC will ultimately intervene in the future and do the right thing (i.e. enforce the law).

These threads are more fun with Mr. Mcknownothing on ignore. Watching you all respond, trying to figure out what illogical and inane nonsense he has spouted.... it is kind of entertaining in an "I want to shove hot pokers into my eyes, because it would be better" sort of way.

...lol...it's funny to think how many more missing teeth people would have if it were not for the internet...I see the way people talk online and I can literally close my eyes and imagine how things would play out if it were said face to face. Lot's of brain but no teeth in the end to smile with ;)

Good Morning Mr. 3keepSecret. I understand that you only joined on 3/3/16. I understand that you have only posted 12 times. I understand that you might mistakenly assume I hide in the shadows of the internet. I do not hide my identity. my real name and who I am is known. It is also understandable that you would not know why the board name is what it is. It is also understandable that you would not know the real source of the ire toward me by Mr. Physics, by his latest posts of discourtesy and derisiveness. It is just schoolyard banter caused by an old wound of his making, and is of no importance at all, especially to this post, except that you decided to join the fun in a completely unacceptable manner.

What is not understandable is your use of veiled and direct threats of violence on a chat board. That is never acceptable. I have never interacted with you, do not know you and more to the point I have never made a veiled or open physical threat toward anyone, and certainly not you or anyone participating in this thread or any other thread. It is ignorant and distasteful. More importantly, it diminishes you in the eyes of others. What you consider funny is childish and immature and demeaning. If you are not able to clearly and logically convey your thoughts, it is not the fault of those who have tried to educate themselves. It is your fault. It is not logical to define a person as lots of brain but no teeth. What you state is that you despise persons that may have intelligence and accordingly judge such persons as in need of physical violence.

When you make veiled and open physical threats on the board, it is a Moderator issue. Your veiled threat was not in jest. It was not trying to be cute. You do not know me personally. We have not participated directly in any banter, pleasant or not. You just decided to bandwagon jump to be one of the boys, as if it is a popularity right of passage of some sort that allows you to join the club if you play internet tough guy.

It is well known that whenever I notify a Moderator, I do so publicly and always state why. I do not espouse to secret Moderator notifications. Accordingly, please know that I am notifying the Moderator, via copying this post....yours and my reply.

John is correct on the wording issue.

P.S. You have an interesting definition of "fun." :):P These threads can be painful at times (some are impervious to logic and repeat the same logical fallacies), but the discussions should be had.

I agree that the discussions should be had. But I feel like the discussion has been had, dissected, had again, re-had, permutated, and had a final time. How many times can the same discussion be had? There is no progress being made, the same arguments, distractions, and fallacies are being repeated, and nothing is accomplished except for filling up a server.

No amount of us arguing is going to convince Dcarr, no amount of Dcarr throwing straw-men is going to convince us, and no amount of... whatever it is Mcknownothing is doing... is going to convince anyone on the other side of anything. Until there is some actual action, why keep wasting our time?

Yet you see all this as being justification for your rudeness and belittling and childish behavior and professing you are blind to what I post, yet quote my posts. Of course you can see my posts, when on line by clicking the ignore button at the top of the post, or by reading it when it is embedded in another post, and when of line, in addition to those 2 methods, it is visible. It is silly and disingenuous to claim you don't read my post. If you receive some pleasure in changing my board name to a humorous facsimile, then continue. I do not really care at all.

If you consider the thread a waste of time, simply don't respond to the thread. It is that easy. I remind you, though, that it was your position and pleading that wanted someone to step forward and file legal action for adjudication. I would think that you are astute enough to see the forest and the trees. The thread is not useless. It is actually quite the opposite. I do not seek converts from the other side, nor am I or have I tried to convince anybody of anything. That is your interpretation, as is what you consider a waste of time and using up server space.

Why would it be a waste of your time, if in fact you choose to and are reading what you declare as repetitive and argumentative and failed attempts at convincing and of no value? You are choosing to read it and waste your own time. Did you consider that not reading the thread that you find of no value might save you the time you cherish and that way you would not have to blame others for wasting your time? That would be logical would it not?