• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectorama Coin and Currency Show - October 7-9 - Lakeland, FL

11 posts in this topic

The 61st Semi-Annual Lakeland, Florida Collectorama Coin and Currency Show will be

held October 7-9, 2016 at The Lakeland Center, 701 West. Lime Street, just west of

downtown Lakeland, Florida Many new first-time dealers will be attending the show for

the first time and the bourse is sold out. Dealers from Florida, Georgia, South Carolina,

North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, Wisconsin, Texas, etc. All want to do business with you.

The Collectorama Show is also sponsoring a Special Young Numismatists lecture and

Q&A program starting at 1 P.M. on Saturday, October 8th. There will be several

lectures on Numismatics and Hobby Collectibles, and each youngster attending will

receive lots of free goodies, as well as get to dip into the Kid's Bucket for a Free Hand

Full of Money. Archie (The Hobo) Taylor will anchor the program with a hands-on

demonstration of how Hobo Nickels were made, and there will be about a half dozen

additional speakers, on a wide range of subjects concerning Coin and Currency

Collecting.

The Collectorama Show "buys" the Parking Lot so show attendees do not have to pay

for parking, and there is a one-time $5.00 Family Registration Fee, that will be waived

by bringing this notice to our Public Registration Table. The Host Hotel for Collectorama

is The Crestwood Suites, located just off of I-4 at Exit 33, and offer show attendees

a room rate of only $74.00. Located in a nice quiet area of Lakeland, there is a

Cracker Barrel, Applebees, and Wendys withing walking distance of the hotel. Nice

large rooms.

Lakeland is located about half way between Orlando and Tampa and has some really

wonderful Wild Water Fowl lakes that are well worth taking a stroll around. There are

also many Central Florida attractions such as Disney, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios,

and others within a 30-40 minute drive from Lakeland. A good time for the whole family.

For more information please visit our website at www.wix.com/coinshows/collectorama.

We know where it is. Our brother once lived on Island Palm Circle before stepping up. Orlando was nice thirty years ago but now the city has become just like any other, being overrun by the masses. Thank you very much for the information and we hope you may indulge yourself with the many fine dealers, and collectors.

Coin show in the shelters...Might be better than the concrete floor "parking garages" now used for most of these coin events. Probably lots of emails flowing between the show promoters and venue managers, and some of the out of town dealers.

Hope it all works out safely!

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Just for the record, there are no problems here in Sarasota. The sky is dark and the wind gusty, but NGC remains open for normal business.

OK.....so how does NGC grade the present weather? Is it "Fine" or only "Very Good?" ...presumably Sarasota weather is completely authentic, however. :)

The Lakeland show was really star crossed this time.

On Friday we had the hurricane. The wind was not bad on the west coast of Florida, and I was able to get there. A fair number of the tables were empty because some dealers were unable to make it because of the weather.

I wanted to go today, but three crooks hijacked a car in Tampa at gun point, and tried to outrun the police. They ended up taking over a McDonalds creating a hostage situation. The exits off one part of the I-4 were shut down. I thought I could get around it, but the traffic between Plant City and Lakeland was backed up for miles. I went into Plant City to look around at the antique stores for a while.

A bit later I considered trying to go to the show, but one of the crooks was still hold up at the McDonalds so I gave up and came home.

This show had only one kind of luck this time ... bad, and it was not the show promoter's fault.