• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashua N.H. show report

7 posts in this topic

I arrived at the show early, very early. Did quite a bit of business early, as well. The overall foot traffic once the general public started coming in was light and HAD to be because of the gorgeous weather.

Everyone seemed to be humming along at a steady/busy pace, and happy with the way the market is. Some forecasting a downturn, others thinking things will keep rolling along. Most agreed that the summer "slowdown" has begun and we'll have to see what type of "dip" the market takes, if any at all. Judging by the price of some generic stuff, I'd say things are softening up a bit.

I was fortunate enough to buy a few very nice coins (in my opinion), only one slab, so NGC is going to get a little package this week Actuallly, two slabbed coins. It was nice to see the usual suspects (Toneddollars, Tonelover, Sadysta1 etc..) and I enjoyed getting in and out early enough to spend the rest of the afternoon outside.

great report

yes there is a slight softening in the market i eould call it a breather but for really nice special coins the market is hot hot so for me the market is really segmented

generics and non scarce average blah widget coins are soft

Michael, you are absolutely correct. I sold a '37-d 3leg 5c, ngc xf/40 right off the bat, and then this coin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3969803905&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

which I figured as a no-brainer on Ebay. The first dealer (who purchased the 3 legger) WANTED to buy it, but didn't have the date on any of his want lists, so reluctantly passed on the coin. The second dealer didn't hesitate. Just grabbed it. Undervalued date, in my opinion, at that (and higher) grade level. I was/am still shocked that coin didn't sell this week, online. The way it goes sometimes. smile.gif

Nice report and commentary.

That '14-D is nothing short of spectacular. Makes me wish I collected still. 893whatthe.gif

Hoot

I was/am still shocked that coin didn't sell this week, online. The way it goes sometimes. smile.gif

I was eyeing it the day it was put up, and was debating going for it.

I guess it doesn't matter at this point now. smile.gif

Thanks for sharing the show report, Darin. Our weather a few miles down the road here in CT was just as nice as yours in NH and I think very few people wanted to be at a coin show.

Yeah, I almost went for the 14-D myself but.....I have a difficult time justifying the premium in those grades. Looked like a great coin though! grin.gif

Whilborg should have snagged it....

jom