• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1936 Bay Bridge Commemorative (Whizzed/Cleaned?)

4 posts in this topic

If they've been cleaned or whizzed it doesn't show in the images.

The top one looks unc. and is probably worth the cost of grading. The bottom one looks AU, but still might be worth the cost of grading. If you get them graded, I'd use economy service, not a more expensice tier.

It's hard to tell from those images. If the lines that show up on the second piece are INTO the surface, that's a problem because I do see a pattern. If it is surface toning the coin will probably grade although the eye appeal makes me wonder if it would be worth it.

The obverse of the first one may have polished somehow, but I can't tell from the photo.

My interpretations are that coin one would be choice mint state with a few album slide marks on the obverse, and coin two is circulated, with a few scuffs or scratches on the obverse. Coin two might not grade.