• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I go to the Anaheim show tomorrow, will I be happy?

11 posts in this topic

Probably not, but theres a bunch of people from here and the PCGS boards to hang with and shoot the coin chit.

I'm making an 1.5 hour drive for it.

tongue.gif

Michael

Long drive, but possible rewards at the end? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Possibly, but I'd doubt it since there's a bunch of people from here and the PCGS boards who'll want to hang with you and shoot the coin chit.

'That alone should be worth the trip!'

OK, I'll be there at about 12 ish.

"Unless Lam goes into labor in the next 12 hours"

Haven't you heard about firstborns. Average labor is about 16-20 hours(from water break to birth), sometimes 36 hours. My firstborn was about 20 hours. Enough time for coinshow, lunch, and a movie.

TRUTH

OK, I'll be there at about 12 ish.

Cool! SOunds like everyone will be there except Greg and Shiroh.

"Unless Lam goes into labor in the next 12 hours"

Haven't you heard about firstborns. Average labor is about 16-20 hours(from water break to birth), sometimes 36 hours. My firstborn was about 20 hours. Enough time for coinshow, lunch, and a movie.

I know that but apparently misery loves company and I have to share every moment. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey...this was a pretty well attended show. In fact, I was shocked at how many people were in the place when I got there.

I met up with clw, Truth, Jammin' and Strat. Truth got some good Mexican peices along with some commems. I'm sure others did well also.

So....you guys back east think you have all the good small shows. Bah! We can claim a good show here every once in a while too. tongue.gif

jom

Well, I drove a total of 435 miles to get to the show and back. I was very pleased at the turnout and very, very pleased at my purchases. I dipped a couple of better date mexican pieces that I purchased cheaply, only to find out they were nice BU coins under the dark, heavy toning. So, a $10 investment turned out to be $200. thumbsup2.gif Lots of collectors, about 30 dealers, most, if not all, were pleased with the attendance. I bought a couple of nice slabbed mexican coins from JamminJ, and a few better Mexican pieces from several dealers. I met up with a few forum members, clw54, Strat, MrLee. JOM, JamminJ and I went to a curious fish taco restaurant for lunch, my treat. cloud9.gif We gossiped, especially about GMarguli, talked coins, a bit of politics, more coins. They got me intoxicated on orange juice, and I spilled the beans on some major scandalous events in numismatic history. All around, a great time. 893applaud-thumb.gif

TRUTH

We gossiped, especially about GMarguli

This was the BEST part. gossip.gif

jom

Nah, the best part was convincing you to dip that AU50 gold piece.