• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Budget for $2.5 Indian Quarter Eagle Complete Set.

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to put together NGC or PCGS graded $2.5 Quarter Eagle Indian Set.

My goal is to get everything in MS 61 or above except the 1911-D - Strong D at AU 58.

So far, I have collected the ones below, I spent exactly $2,001.00 on them.

1925-D - MS 63

1926 - MS 63

1927 - MS 63

1928 - MS 63

1929 - MS 63

To complete the set, I have to collect the rest:

1908-1915 in MS 61 (to keep the cost low)

and the 1911-D Strong D in AU 58 - NGC graded

What should be my budget for these remaining coins?

Will about $7,500 be good enough?

This will bring my entire set to about ~$9,500, which will include the 1911-D AU 58

Thanks for the responses

I suggest that you join Heritage (it is completely free): coins.ha.com

Their Auction archives are fantastic - you can look at all of their auctions for any date or grade, and can judge for yourself about how much they are going for. I don't really know much about these coins, so I can't give you much info - but I can point you in the right direction!

II have not added up all of the numbers, but the 1908 to 1915 group is harder find nice than the dates in the 1920s. Some of these coins get really pricey in MS-63 and above. For that reason the grading services tend to be conservative. You can find some really nice coins MS-61 and 62 holders, or at least you could a few years ago.

Unfortunately a lot of good coins seem to be off the market right now, so you might have to do some digging to finish your set.

I agree with Physics Fan. Getting an Heritage user name and accessing their archives is a great idea. They have over a million coins for you to review.

I suggest that you join Heritage (it is completely free): coins.ha.com

Their Auction archives are fantastic - you can look at all of their auctions for any date or grade, and can judge for yourself about how much they are going for. I don't really know much about these coins, so I can't give you much info - but I can point you in the right direction!

yeah, what he said.