• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting NGC labelled "GEM Uncirculated" for regrade.

2 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding, regrading bulk submitted GEM Unc labelled coins.


I recently picked up a few presidential dollars with Strike Thru Mint Errors but they are all labelled GEM Unc. I was curious if these coins did not meet a specific grade when bulk submitted and if it would be worth submitting them to get a real grade on the label.


Why does NGC label these in this way and not assign a full grade? Is that something the submitter requested or is it because they don't meet a specific grade?


Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Thanks for your question. It is something the original submitter requested. You may submit the coin for regrade if you wish to request the numerical grade instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites