• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liberty silver medals

10 posts in this topic

They went on sale at 11:00. I checked 11 minutes later, not available. They only made 12000 and limited 2 to household. (both proof and unc)

I managed to get my 2 but could not get 2 for my daughter (she is at work)

The (W) sold out in 5 minutes and the (S) sold out in 6 minutes. I was lucky to secure one of each for my collection knowing that the "flippers" would be on the move. The medals had a limit of 12,500 each and these are already selling on Ebay for a couple hundred for each of the mints...

Glad to hear a fellow collector was able to secure one of each too! I had a bit of difficulty on checkout- the page froze up and I had to refresh page. Luckily, my order wasn't lost and was able to check out.

Hi. I rarely visit this section. I am mainly a comic collector. I used to purchase from the mint many years ago. Is there value there for long haul or is this just a limited fad? Sorry for the short intro. I am on my phone.

Because of the limited mintage they will jump up in price from the start. They will level off and even drop a little. You can go look at the Truman coin and chronicles reverse proof as a recent example. I believe it had a 18000 mintage or so. They seem to level off at around $200.00