• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eugene Gardner Passes by Electric Peak Collection

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

RIP, Gene.

The new issue of The E-Gobrecht (Liberty Seated Collectors Club monthly electronic newsletter) reported the passing last month of Eugene Gardner. Many of you know that he had recently sold his amazing coin collection through Heritage in four sales in 2014 and 2015. He succumbed to complications of multiple myeloma, the same cancer that claimed my mother-in-law several years ago.

I did not know Gene well, but did meet and speak with him briefly a few times. All but the first meeting were at LSCC meetings in Baltimore. The first time I met him he was behind me in a lot pick up line at a Baltimore show. We spoke briefly about the coins we were about to get. I did get the sense that he was a man of good character. Indeed, all accounts I've heard indicate that he was a quality human being.

I was fortunate to obtain eleven half dimes from his collection. Aside from the fact that they are great coins, I will treasure them more for having met their previous owner who was a good man.

See more journals by Electric Peak Collection