• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bust Quarter Newp

10 posts in this topic

My primary focus in US Coins right now is to build a capped bust quarter set with as many die varieties as I can get. This should take me at least the next decade as I am trying to find ones with color if possible. Here is my latest newp below, my 3rd 1835 die variety. My other 1835's shown below the newp.

Best, HT

1835.qtr.P50.CAC.HAL_zps62t6mvij.jpg

1835.qtr.PCGS.VF35_zpsmnpchlaf.jpg

1835.qtr.NGC.XF45_zpsvj8xlaxv.jpg

Much better than most that can be butt ugly, and I know that some of the numismatic leaders were recommending those. They are like the dark leafy greens your mother told you to eat for health.

Lots of eye appeal!

I would have a hard time picking a favorite; each of them is superb. Have you thought about starting a custom registry set or post on Collective Coin so people can watch as you grow your set? I look forward to seeing your completed set.

coinman thanks for the suggestion and thanks for the nice comments folks. I have thought about starting a registry. Problem is that the collection is both PCGS and NGC and I have no interest in 'crossing' either way in order to have the complete set in one registry. So I don't know what to do - suggestions?

Best, HT

coinman thanks for the suggestion and thanks for the nice comments folks. I have thought about starting a registry. Problem is that the collection is both PCGS and NGC and I have no interest in 'crossing' either way in order to have the complete set in one registry. So I don't know what to do - suggestions?

Best, HT

NGC will allow PCGS coins. You can do pretty much whatever you like on Collective Coin.

Best, HT

NGC will allow PCGS coins. You can do pretty much whatever you like on Collective Coin.

I'd go with Collective Coin....it is open to whatever you want to do like CM said. You can save a ton not having to deal with the cross-over non-sense.

CM: I thought NGC was going to go with an "all NGC" set up. Did they change their minds?

As to the coins they are all pretty nice. I used to own the 2nd one and it's probably the lesser of the three but still pretty cool. The AU50 looks like a great coin as does the last one.

I wish I could keep up with you but that isn't in the cards now. I'll stick with the earlier dates and see how it goes....

jom

CM: I thought NGC was going to go with an "all NGC" set up. Did they change their minds?

I thought there was an optional filter for registry participants, but that the PCGS coins were still welcome (as they had been for years). Maybe I missed something.