• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When people post spam threads

4 posts in this topic

Please DON'T post replies to them. You may think you have a cute comeback or insult, but the spammer isn't going to come back and see it. All you are really doing is HELPING the spammer by keeping his spam at the top of the page.

The proper thing to do is click on "notify" at the bottom of the post to make sure it is brought to the moderators attention as quickly as possible so they can get it removed. Then just let it sink down the page. Opening the thread and clicking notify will not keep it at the top of the page, replying will.

I "notified" on a half dozen threads this morning.

I'm growing increasingly frustrated by the amount of spammers on this board.

NGC advertised new forum software many months ago that was supposed to include, among many other modern conveniences, an upgraded anti-spam protection.

NGC: what's going on? We've been dealing with these spammers for a year or more now. What gives?

NGC: what's going on? We've been dealing with these spammers for a year or more now. What gives?

Well, if the new NGC software in an "improvement" like the software change at PCGS I'd rather have the spammers. The PCGS change was a disaster (still is) so I hope any changes NGC makes would screw this up too badly.

jom