• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotta love the NGC Multiholder -- toned Morgans & Lincolns inside!

16 posts in this topic

Just got these back from NGC for reholdering -- thanks Scott!!!

The Morgan set took awhile to find all three nicely toned. As for the Lincolns, there are 2 obverse endrollers and 2 reverse endrollers that I found. Both make a pretty neat set in my opinion!

I got a 1942 6 coin proof set and a 1991 NGC PF70 set that will eventually find their way into these types of holders.

PICS Below, thanks to LucyBop!!!

Thanks

Michael

Thought I would bring this back to the top for anyone that wasn't familiar with the line of holders that NGC offers.

I am not really sold on the way the holders display the smaller coins. I wish they fit more like the single NGC holders.

But overall I think they are great and a great way to dsiplay smaller sets.

I love the 21 Morgan holder and am thinking of doing that myself.

-------------

etexmike

Will NGC do this for any same denomination coins; and how much for 3 coins?

I think they do it for just about anything, if you're paying. To have them put three NGC coins into the new holder was a whopping $15, $5 reslab fee x 3 coins!

You can now have NGC grade and then put them into the multiholders. Before you had to have them graded and then reslabbed. Now its a whole lot easier. They even canceled out the price increases for PF/MS70 coins. They use to charge a special handling fee, but thats gone as well.

I got a couple more sets going into the multiholders soon, watch for pics!

Michael

To give you some idea of the capacity of the multi-coin holder, NGC told me that it can hold as many as 7 quarters.

Chris

Has NGC changed the submission Fees? Heres what they still have posted.

The fees for reholdering of single coins into Multi-Coin sets are as follows: For coins valued at $100 or less, the fee will be $6.00 per coin. Those valued over $100 but no more than $3000 will be reholdered at $10 per coin. Items valued over $3000 will cost $25 for reholdering into Multi-Coin holders