• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two back to back lousy regional shows. Doom and gloom?

22 posts in this topic

The Palm Beach show tanked, the Santa Clara show tanked, both their auctions were so-so at best, the start of a trend? Probably not. I see the smaller club shows doing very well. But, in the back of my mind, what if it's over? Comments?

TRUTH

No more free lunches? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway, who needs them? The smaller shows or coin shops suffice for my purposes.

Are you stopping by Fremont coin today? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Someone's going to say take this to PM's, but no, I hadn't planned to. Is he having a sale or sumpin?

Did you know that the Central States coin show is in St. Louis this year? Howabout a road trip? I'll pick up GMarguli and JamminJ and meet you in Vegas, then off to St. Louis.

BTW, I bought a Missouri commem yesterday. grin.gif

TRUTH

"Drive to St. Louis? You've got to be kidding"

I've driven 1100 miles in one day. It's not too bad. Besides, we'll have TJ with us. thumbsup2.gif

TRUTH

Did you know that the Central States coin show is in St. Louis this year? Howabout a road trip? I'll pick up GMarguli and JamminJ and meet you in Vegas, then off to St. Louis.

TRUTH

Congrats on the MO Commem. Hey I bought one too! Look in the back of your sports page, find the Walgreens coupon, one new colorized state quarter a day (started Sunday with A. Rodriguez, today is Scott Rolen on the MO quarter). Collect all 15. (Pujols is coming this weekend.)

(((Drive to St. Louis? You've got to be kidding. )))

Why? If you average 180 mph, you can probably get here in two days or less!

James

Not even. LA to St. Louis is a mere 1840 miles. Averaging 60 miles an hour gets you there in 30 hours. thumbsup2.gif

TRUTH

thumbsup2.gif

I can borrow my wife's minivan. Nothing makes life more worth living that a roadstrip in a phat ride like that. Can we stop at Shake N Steak on the way?

I drove from NY to Nebraska once in 26 hours (3 drivers), LA to St. Louis should be no problem.

-JamminJ

Perfect! Central States Coin Show May 6-8, Dodgers in town May 9-12. I'm game!! (TT: I'll drive down to your place, we'll head to Jammin's house together.)

Sounds good. I need to confirm with the dog kennel. I guess we can leave Nipomo bright and early Wednesday the 4th, with maybe a return after the Dodger game on the 10th. You should be back by the 12th at the latest. Do you plan to take us to special places in St. Louis? None of that tourist stuff, the REAL St. Louis. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

My oh my aren't we errant children by hijacking this thread with our driving tales.

Oh well, here's mine:

I drove 2400 miles from Seattle to central Arkansas in 36 hours last year. And no, I didn't use pep pills, neither. 893whatthe.gif

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, if anybody cares 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, is seems as though reports out of Kansas City leave a lot be desired also.