• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleaned Coins

10 posts in this topic

It really looks like die polish lines to me. They seem to go right up to the devices and from what I can see, are not present on the devices.

Thought may be die polish lines. Oh well, live and learn:)

Die polish lines are raised. These don't look raised to me, but granted the photos are lacking. As it stands, I agree with the harshly cleaned crowd.

The lines appear to stop a little way away from the devices, there appear to be some lines on the devices, and then a break again as they continue and reappear in the fields on the other side of the devices. Die polish lines would continue right up to the very edge of the devices and would be unlikely to actually appear on the devices except possible in those ares of the LOWEST relief. The white stripes of the shield might be a good place to check. A protected enough area to possibly escape cleaning lines, but at the same level as the field so they would show die polish lines.