• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have a ATS graded GSA?

15 posts in this topic

When/where did you post it?

I don't see it there in a quick perusal and search.

What title did you use? To be honest, I can't imagine a thread like that not having an answer in a very short time.....but, as I can't find it there, I wonder if it was really noticed

Thank you; you're always the first to reply no matter where I post! ATS I'm more of a lurker except in the Notes section as I've sold several high end bills there as it seems more up their ally and it's where the 5 figure and up stuff sells.

I posted it under the Q & A forum "GSA's in PCGS case"; second topic down on that thread and under US coins category, third thread down. I'm alittle nervous to flat post under coins from all the rumors I've heard. I do trust your advice a great deal as you've always been polite, helpful and nice to me. Should I repost under numismatics thread / US coins or just give it a little longer? This box is being custom made for one of my most valued mentors so I want it prefect.

My most sincere thank you for your help.

You didn't ask my opinion, but the thread will receive little or no attention in the Q&A forum. I don't know what would be wrong with posting it under the US Coins Forum.

Have you seen these items? I have never seen or heard of a GSA dollar in the original black case housed in a large PCGS holder. I have seen PCGS graded dollars that had a GSA notation on them, but they had been removed from the GSA holder.

Have you seen these items? I have never seen or heard of a GSA dollar in the original black case housed in a large PCGS holder. I have seen PCGS graded dollars that had a GSA notation on them, but they had been removed from the GSA holder.

They started doing it some 3 years ago. Not sure if they are still doing it or if it was a flop.

The original article from PCGS is at this link.

Here is an example of one posted on CoinTalk.

APMEX has sold a few in the past also.

If you Google "PCGS GSA holder" and then click on Images, you will see lots of examples.

To the OP: I think your best bet for getting the dimensions of these oversized holders would be to just call PCGS.

An example from APMEX:

PCGS%20GSA_Slab_zpscbgeobss.jpg

Thank you; you're always the first to reply no matter where I post! ATS I'm more of a lurker except in the Notes section as I've sold several high end bills there as it seems more up their ally and it's where the 5 figure and up stuff sells.

I posted it under the Q & A forum "GSA's in PCGS case"; second topic down on that thread and under US coins category, third thread down. I'm alittle nervous to flat post under coins from all the rumors I've heard. I do trust your advice a great deal as you've always been polite, helpful and nice to me. Should I repost under numismatics thread / US coins or just give it a little longer? This box is being custom made for one of my most valued mentors so I want it prefect.

As Mr Feld mentions, the Q&A Forum there is pretty much a bust....unused.

Please do go ahead and post in the US Coin Forum. I believe you will get answers to what you are wanting and they will (should) be in a friendly format.

Nothing you are asking is controversial at all.

I have seen some "guesses" on the size of the holders, when I was doing a quick search yesterday, but nothing solid enough to give you an answer I would stand behind.

Calling PCGS customer service may, or may not, work. However, that said, I am sure that there are folks with these holders and posting on the PCGS USCF would be a good shot at getting your answer.

I also believe the holder size for the GSA encasement is the same size as it is for their "previous" multi-holder as well as the holders for the 5oz ATB "coins".

Again, while I believe that to be true, I am not 100% certain and don't want to mislead you with measurements from one that isn't the GSA encasement.

As Mr Feld mentions, the Q&A Forum there is pretty much a bust....unused.

Please do go ahead and post in the US Coin Forum. I believe you will get answers to what you are wanting and they will (should) be in a friendly format.

Nothing you are asking is controversial at all.

I have seen some "guesses" on the size of the holders, when I was doing a quick search yesterday, but nothing solid enough to give you an answer I would stand behind.

Calling PCGS customer service may, or may not, work. However, that said, I am sure that there are folks with these holders and posting on the PCGS USCF would be a good shot at getting your answer.

I also believe the holder size for the GSA encasement is the same size as it is for their "previous" multi-holder as well as the holders for the 5oz ATB "coins".

Again, while I believe that to be true, I am not 100% certain and don't want to mislead you with measurements from one that isn't the GSA encasement.

The GSA holders are NOT the same size as the 5oz holders.

See the post by Type 2 from 7/2015 in this post ATS where he clearly states that the large size ATB holder boxes do not fit the GSA holders.

You didn't ask my opinion, but the thread will receive little or no attention in the Q&A forum. I don't know what would be wrong with posting it under the US Coins Forum.

Mark, you almost fit the description as one of my most valued mentors. But as you SHOULD know by now you're THE most respected numismatist I know and secretly worship. BUT, you still didn't answer my question. ?

David, I thought I did answer your question ("Should I repost under numismatics thread / US coins or just give it a little longer?"). Perhaps I was a bit too gentle in saying "but the thread will receive little or no attention in the Q&A forum. I don't know what would be wrong with posting it under the US Coins Forum". Repost on the U.S. Coins forum and pronto! ;)

There is something very wrong.

Nobody associated with Texas is this nice and courteous. :sumo:lol