• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1916 1 centavo, Mexico

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me approximate value for this coin......KM415......AU 53-55?

I'm still waiting for my Krause books.

Chris

Catalog says $165 in XF and $1200 in UNC. It's the key.

-JamminJ

Thanks, JJ! This is one I got out of a garage sale "pile". It is in amazing condition......just in need of a little "bath". I'm going to take it to NGC on my next trip there.

Chris

Thanks, JJ! This is one I got out of a garage sale "pile". It is in amazing condition......just in need of a little "bath". I'm going to take it to NGC on my next trip there.

Chris

You bet! That's quite a score out of a "pile". How about a picture?

-JamminJ

Chris

You bet! That's quite a score out of a "pile". How about a picture?

-JamminJ

Hoot has been losing patience with me in this regard. Currently, I don't have any camera equipment, not even a scanner, for the job. It wasn't until I joined the Collectors Society late last year and began visiting, here, that I realized how important the equipment would be. Unfortunately, I have a budget I must contend with. However, when I get this coin back from NGC, I'll have their imaging to at least show you something.

The garage sale was quite a surprise. I guess I should qualify my use of the word "pile". The man was in his 70's and he used medicine bottles for the coins. The bigger the bottle, the more coins that went into it. When he ran out of medicine bottles, he used envelopes. In all, there were 40 bottles and 60 envelopes. He was "jammin" 27_laughing.gif all of this into two, 8"w x 14"l x 6"d plastic containers. I bought several thousand (about 60 countries) circulated coins for $50. I still haven't gone through everything, yet. I'm waiting for my Krause books to arrive. But what I have found, so far, is really interesting:

German coinage dates back as early as 1874; Mexico to 1883; Canada to 1886; Austria to 1858 and France to 1856.

The condition of some of the 70-150 year-old coins is really surprising (many XF-borderline AU) when you consider that they are circulated coins. Someone must have stored them away for quite some time.

I'll try to keep you posted!

Thanks!

Chris