• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone try the new stylesheets that I put up?

13 posts in this topic

• Administrator

What do you guys think of the No Borders and the Black and Red entries? If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can change the appearance of the boards here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/editdisplay.php?Cat=0

By changing the drop down labeled "Which style sheet (skin) do you want to use for your display?"

Note that post at the top of the forums about stylesheets. Always looking for new ones.

What do you guys think of the No Borders and the Black and Red entries? If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can change the appearance of the boards here:

By changing the drop down labeled "Which style sheet (skin) do you want to use for your display?"

Note that post at the top of the forums about stylesheets. Always looking for new ones.

Arch, I looked at the other skins, and the color combinations can be kind of hard on the eyes of us old farts. I generally avoid websites that utilize loud or wild color combinations because they are harder to read. You never did answer my question in another thread........"Do you wan't me to leave? bumpit.gifBoo-hoo! 27_laughing.gif Am I to understand that each member can set his/her own format, or will final determination be made for all?

Is there any way this "post box" can be enlarged to full width?

No borders can be confusing and harder to follow.

Black & Red, Black & Blue, Dark Backgrounds, Colored Backgrounds, etc., etc., etc. all make it hard on the eyes after a while. I use AutoCAD alot, and Black on White is always best for easy viewing.

Chris

• Administrator

The members will always be able to choose a style sheet of their preference. The default we choose will pretty much never be wild colors, but instead be designed to appeal to the main stream, but other options will be available. I don't think I saw you question in another thread? And you can change the posting box size here:

By changing the text area settings.

The members will always be able to choose a style sheet of their preference. The default we choose will pretty much never be wild colors, but instead be designed to appeal to the main stream, but other options will be available. I don't think I saw you question in another thread? And you can change the posting box size here:

By changing the text area settings.

Thanks, Arch! This is much nicer. Now I don't need my glasses to read the posts and I've got more room to sign-rantpost.gif

Check out my third post (which quotes yours) in "Paper Money"........ Man, it sure is dead over here......

Chris

893scratchchin-thumb.gif black and red looks like it might work out nicely. All the old styles seemed too bright for my eyes. Thanks for pointing them out grin.gif

Now all we need is a "mark all posts read" button yay.gif

I like being able to change some of the format, but has anyone noticed that it takes a little longer to load at login? Before, I would be "in" in 3-5 seconds. Now, it takes about 30-45 seconds.

Chris

• Administrator

I think that's just related to board traffic. The stylesheet you choose shouldn't be related.

Arch, I'm sure many here will find something to change that will be better for them, but personally, I'm very happy with the way it all is as it is. Just wanted you to know!

Arch,

The only error in Black and Red seems to be that I cannot tell a link from text in the body of a post without drawing my cursor across all the text. The content is normally a clue there is a linked item, but no intuitive visual distinction of that fact. There is an example of this in this post.

Thanks,

Mike

I'm using the no borders one right now. Overall I like it. But one suggestion I would have is to have a border around the major areas (1 pt in something like #cdcdcd) and leave the borders off of the minor cell elements.