• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawaiian ngc 65

10 posts in this topic

Another reason not to run no reserve auctions on ebay, they are almost always losers. Some sellers seem to get elated when their material fetches Greysheet bid there. Either they would have to buy at firesale prices to be able to sell at that or go out of business.

Another reason not to run no reserve auctions on ebay, they are almost always losers. Some sellers seem to get elated when their material fetches Greysheet bid there. Either they would have to buy at firesale prices to be able to sell at that or go out of business.

It was not a "no reserve" auction. It was a "buy it now", with a price which was obviously in error.

Maybe the numbers were backwards?

Definitely an AU56!

The photo's are lousy which almost invariably makes for low bids

unless the coin is in a PR69 or PR70 holder.

I recently placed a $30.30 bid on this 1923 MS64 a few hours before

the auction ended. I won the auction for nobody placed another bid!

The photo's aren't that great although I can tell the seller tried because of

the extensive angles shot of the coin. Lighting is key on a darkly toned coin

like this. When I received the coin, I was astonished at the depth and very

subtle nuances inherent in the coin. I've shown it to several dealers I know

whom scrutinized it I guess for it's originality. One thought it could CAC!

The reverse has a subtle but distinct rainbow and I'm quite pleased with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1923-NGC-MS64-Peace-Silver-Dollar-NO-RESERVE-Will-Sell-/182032712917?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ur9%252BG4wKo%252FbwryZSeOiQtgE4MYI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc