• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOME GUYS HAVE ALL THE LUCK.......

8 posts in this topic

though I doubt that Rod Stewart was referring to coins.

I've mentioned before that I frequently order $500 boxes of halves from my bank. Last Tuesday, March 22, I went in to place an order. I decided that I would order two $500 boxes of quarters in addition to the halves. I picked them up last Friday and went through them over the weekend. There wasn't anything to get overly excited about.......a handful of 40% silver halves and a few pre-65, 90% silver.

I took the "leftovers" to the bank this morning and that is when my thoughts of "Some guys have......" hit me. I was talking to one of the tellers, Carlos, while Laurie completed the deposit for me. It turns out that the manager of a local Circle K had also picked up a box of quarters on Friday morming some time before me. Later that day, he returned to the bank and asked if they had any more boxes of quarters. Carlos commented that he couldn't believe the Circle K could have gone through $500 in quarters that quickly. The manager said that they hadn't. When he opened the box of shrink-wrapped rolls he discovered that all 2000 quarters were silver.

If I had only gotten to the bank at 8:55!

Chris

I remember a story about a bank taking in 100 Brilliant Unc Vancouver commems and exchanging them for face greenbacks(circa 1982). I think the bank received $900 a coin for them.

TRUTH

A day late and a dollar short.

Or in this case, a few minutes late and several hundred dollars short.

Sounds just like the type of luck that I would have.

-------------

etexmike