• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TWO STRANGE ERRORS NOT DIE CRACKS

8 posts in this topic

The second is clearly tooling by someone who is wanting to turn a 1990 into a 1900 for possible dubious reasons. The first one needs a much better picture. So I'll default by saying that it's post mint damage. If it isn't, I could see it being a poor alloy mix. But more likely someone messing around with the coin.

The first coin (quarter) seems to be an obvious case of some sort of die jiggling (I dont know what the technical term is), Ive recieved numerous examples of this worthless error in my change.

The second (eagle) must be some insufficiently_thoughtful_person screwing up that coin. From the picture it appears that the left side of the first zero (third digit from the left) is straight, while the right side is rounded. Also, in order for this error to occur, the master hub would have had to have the problem, something that would have easily been spotted as it would have caused all (or almost all) the silver eagles from that year to be like that. Knowing what type of person you are, King Koin, I wouldnt be suprised if that "error" was tooled by you.