• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So this is Benjamin

10 posts in this topic

2 weeks old today.

So this (picture below) is Benjamin, my first son. I found out that he was coming about 6 weeks after that last journal entry and he completely changed my plans and priorities heading into this year. He was born on the 26th of March weighing 7 lbs 12 ounces, 19.5 inches long. Now he's already over 8 pounds.

I've been amassing a few 10 ounce silver bars in the last 10 months to build up a little silver bullion independent/apart from my 1 ounce rounds that I love so much. When we'd go to an ultrasound and find out how much he weighed approximately I'd find out about how much that was in troy ounces, hand that to my wife in silver and that let her know about how much weight that really was (numbers can be so abstract). It's been a crazy 10/11 months. I'll try to give an update soon, but, for now, this is my son.

Never really thought about being a father when I joined here. I think I was 21 at this point. Now I'm 29, which is kind of shocking to think about now that it occurs to me. Now that he's here a lot of things have changed. I'm doing things and collecting things now explicitly thinking about showing them to him and sharing them with him. I guess we'll see what he thinks of his coin-collecting, photographer, engineer, PhD father when he's a little older. It's okay if he thinks I'm a nerd I guess.

17376.jpg

See more journals by Revenant

Awesome!!!! Congratulations on the birth of your son. Wow, time really has advanced you a few years! Maybe Benjamin will be a budding young numismatist! This is great, I am happy for you. You'll find being a father to be both challenging and rewarding. All the best!

Gary

Congratulations,

I can't believe my grandson turns 5 in July, time fly's by, before you know it they are all grown up and having families of their own, so enjoy the journey.

All the Best,

Larry

SOOO happy for you! Our son turns 20 in Oct but I can still see him in this position hours after being born.

Great times ahead! I thought I was prepared for ours......still learning today.

Thanks guys. He's interesting but kind of a punk when he won't sleep unless he's held - or when he pees on me, which he seems to like doing. lol

I have several things I want to say/talk about regarding what I've been up to the last couple of months. I'm going to try to get them all written up and release them as I can and bring some of the long and seldom punctuated silence to an end.

Hey Revenant,

He's adorable and congratulations! Be ready for all kinds of new adventures........

And congrats on your PhD too!!! And at 29 years old as well! I'm 35 and I'm still working on my EdD in Higher Education Leadership.

Kudos on everything!

~Tom