• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multi-coin Holders

4 posts in this topic

I really like these holders, and I have some questions for you:

1) Is it possible to put six or seven states quarters in one holder by reducing the diameter of the "accent ring" around each coin?

2) Assuming that the coins may vary in MS grades, would you assign a single, "overall" grade or can you assign separate grades for each coin?

3) If the coins all have a series of minor errors on them that were produced from the same pair of dies, could you designate them simply as "Error Coins" without attribution?

4) If I were to submit these coins to be encapsulated in the multicoin holders, would it be best to use a separate submission form just for these coins, noting special instructions?

5) Is there a "special" or additional charge for this service? Or......

6) Am I correct in assuming that the cost for grading and encapsulation in the multi-coin holder would simply be the tier charge times the number of coins?

Thanks,

Chris M.

Hi,

1) The multi-holder would accomodate 6 state quarters maximum.

2) They can be separated and listed individually on the label.

3) We would not put Error on our label without any attribution. If you had a similar error, such as 5 state quarters that are all 5 % off-center, we could label the set as such.

4) I would recommend putting these on a separate form for submission to avoid any confusion.

5) Nope

6) You are correct, tier price x number of coins.

Thanks,

3) We would not put Error on our label without any attribution. If you had a similar error, such as 5 state quarters that are all 5 % off-center, we could label the set as such.

Thanks, Andrew!

All of the coins are the same year, mintmark and state. In addition to 8 different die cracks, all of the coins have one common similarity......there is a kidney-shaped, filled die chip just below Washington's jaw in the middle of the neck. It is clearly visible to the naked eye.

Would this be sufficient reason to label them as such?

Chris

Hi Chris,

As a general rule, die breaks, even large ones, are not going to be enough, especially on a mint state coin, to signify labeling it as such.

Thanks,