• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I was a bit bored today.............

9 posts in this topic

and decided to go to the Pasadena, CA show. Now, I haven't attended this show in two years. The last time I went, it was just awful, few coin dealers, some stamp dealers. I knew it couldn't get any worse, so I expected to see lots of action on this Easter weekend. I kept saying, it couldn't be worse than last time. WELLL, it was absolutely the WORST coin show I have every been to. Even the little itty bitty Santa Maria show had more coin dealers. This Pasadena show had 7 coin dealers and 5 stamp dealers. 893whatthe.gifThis show is set in a population area of 5 million people, so I wonder if anyone really knew this show even exists anymore. confused-smiley-013.gif When I got there I could hear crickets chirping. I remember not too long ago when Pasadena had a MINIMUM of 20 coin dealers and 9 stamp dealers. Well, I had to spend some money, so I looked and searched for something to buy. I spent a total of $45. makepoint.gif Thoroughly frustrated, I stopped at Pasadena Coin and bought a couple of nice commems. thumbsup2.gif I felt better, kinda. Then I proceeded to drive home, and remembered Gmarguli said he wanted to stop by a coin store in Tarazana. Well, I haven't stopped by this guys shop in 3 years, so on my way back, I took a gander. JACKPOT. The owner had just bought a small, cool commem deal. I got to pick and choose, at fair prices. Spent more there than I have in three weeks. thumbsup2.gif I caught up in chit chat with the owner about "life" and left very pleased.

Reminder to self: Stop more often at coin shops. thumbsup2.gif

Note to Gmarguli: Stop more often at coin shops. devil.gif

TRUTH

Well it sounds like your day wasn't a total loss.

Sorry the coin show was such a bust, but it seems the visit to the coin shops made up for the disappointment.

Congratulations on the commems. For some strange reason, buying coins always seems to brighten up my days. 893applaud-thumb.gif

-------------

etexmike

i always enjoy your threads truth

something positive and information to say

and always some information to learn to make my collecting experience more positive and incresed knowledge to boot

When I got there I could hear crickets chirping.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sounds like you had a fantastic day, overall. thumbsup2.gif Can't wait to see some of your spoils when you have a chance for some photos...

Hoot

Reminder to self: Stop more often at coin shops. thumbsup2.gif

Note to Gmarguli: Stop more often at coin shops. devil.gif

Note to TruthTeller: Congrats.

Reminder to self: Key Truth's car next show.

I too heard the chirping of crickets. Unfortunately I wasted my morning as well. I couldn't find anything to buy, nothing, nada, zero, goose-egg. Then finally I saw in 1 dealers case a sign -- morgan toners 3 for $100.

Okay, so I'll look. Why not? If I don't buy something, this would have really been a waste of time.

Long story short, I found a pair of matching 1883-O end roll toners. Not great color, but kinda neat that they match in pattern, color and grade. I spent $65 on both coins so I guess it wasn't a bad deal except I have no idea how rare maching end rollers are.

No sure what do with them since I don't collect toned Morgans. Maybe I'll get them a special Capitol Plastics holder for both.

Wish I knew truth was going I would have loved to meet up with him.

BTW -- Where's Pasadena Coin? I want to add that one to my list.

Thanks

Michael

"Where's Pasadena Coin? I want to add that one to my list."

Pasadena Coin is owned by Henri Heller, an old time dealer with coins, stamps, very eclectic antiques, medals, tokens. He has quite a variety, but he sells alot on ebay, so you need to catch him just right before he sells online. He's located about 2 miles east of Lake Ave on Colorado Blvd near Pasadena city college.

TRUTH