• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That coin doctor on ebay is getting the textile part down

45 posts in this topic

Very very few.... and granted, it's enough to wonder what the hell PCGS is looking at/seeing when they straight grade one of his s hi T storms, it's still not many. I also know that just cause a toned coin is on his store and straight graded doesn't mean he toned it. I know that for sure because he has bought several coins that were already toned in pcgs holders to sell on his store. Maybe to make buyers be able to better convince themselves his stuff maybe isn't garbage I dont know.

What I am most curious about this dummy. .. is why he thinks that his crappy looking coins are worth a premium at all? What's wrong with this clown?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, er bidder. If two people want it, the price goes up.

I dislike driving SUV'S AND vans. I see virtually empty air traps lumbering down the highway all clumsy on ramps and getting amazingly poor fuel economy while moving one peoson to work. Not like either the ~95% pre depreciated Aurora and MarkVIII I own and drive.

People want SUV's though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, er bidder. If two people want it, the price goes up.

I dislike driving SUV'S AND vans. I see virtually empty air traps lumbering down the highway all clumsy on ramps and getting amazingly poor fuel economy while moving one peoson to work. Not like either the ~95% pre depreciated Aurora and MarkVIII I own and drive.

People want SUV's though.

That's an interesting reply to my thread considering my H2 gets 7.2 mpgs through 40k miles so far.

But not sure how it fits the op. My point was that if this numbnut can get a textile pattern on this creations, a god AT'r might be able to add yet another layer of wishful acceptance on other coins.

He's getting some of his coins in pcgs...slabs

Does anyone have a pic to confirm the above statement, and how would they know it is that individuals work? Based on the pics in the OP's ebay link that coin looks horrible and obviously AT'd at first glance, so I would would be very skeptical that he's AT'd other pieces which have been straight graded by any respected services.

He's getting some of his coins in pcgs...slabs

Does anyone have a pic to confirm the above statement, and how would they know it is that individuals work? Based on the pics in the OP's ebay link that coin looks horrible and obviously AT'd at first glance, so I would would be very skeptical that he's AT'd other pieces which have been straight graded by any respected services.

Agreed, people keep making this statement, but i haven't seen proof.

I've seen it, and how I know is because they look exactly the same as all his garbage... just go to his ebay listings and go through his pcgs graded coins. I won't waste my time doing it just to post it here, but I know I have seen a few.

I've seen it, and how I know is because they look exactly the same as all his garbage... just go to his ebay listings and go through his pcgs graded coins. I won't waste my time doing it just to post it here, but I know I have seen a few.

I just glanced at the seller's current PCGS and NGC listings. And and I did not see a single coin that looked remotely close to, much less "exactly the same as" "all his garbage".

I don't see any morgans or peace but theres some ASEs everyone will call natural. Not sure if he made these since everyone makes these too,. MS 67s

I don't think any of his main junk would pass. But a better toner might and add in some of that textile sorcery.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I loaded 200 items per page and stopped after the 5th page! You do the math.

This has got to be a full time job, cooking up the product and listing on the bay.

I just glanced at the seller's current PCGS and NGC listings. And and I did not see a single coin that looked remotely close to, much less "exactly the same as" "all his garbage".

Well, I mostly look at half dollars and that is what I referred to as having seen some of his garbage in straight grade holders..

When I went back and checked there were none active, so here are a few he has sold recently.

toned garbage in PCGS holder.. SOLD

more toned garbage.

UGLY TONED JUNK

This one is SECURE??? GARBAGE

Just because its toned, doesnt mean it looks nice. Fake garbage striaight graded

He calls this one a monster... he is confused i think

he obviously needs a lesson on grading if he is sending this stuff in

Wow... look at this beast

getting alarming now.

Looky, another monster.....

JUST TO NAME A FEW

I spent way more time on that than I should've, I couldn't help myself though when you said you couldn't see any of his home cooked garbage toning that were straight graded. They all look the same, they are all junk and the reason you couldn't find any was because they are all ended right now, which I am glad because his stuff clogs up ebay listings enough as it is.

Does anyone know who this clown is? if so, maybe you could talk some sense into the guy.

He actually has so many of his toned garbage coins straight graded in PCGS holders that it makes me wonder, at what point does PCGS decide that they have had enough of this guy making an embarrassment out of them and what they are supposedly "experts" at?

To be fair to PCGS, I actually only selected PCGS, and therefore wouldn't know if he has gotten any into NGC holders... For now, I would rather not know.

I don't see any textile. The pattern on the obverse looks like toned over fingerprints.

The coin is clearly AT. It would not fool anyone who knows toning.

However, it is a shame that he continues to operate, destroying coins, and giving toning a bad name.

Well, I mostly look at half dollars and that is what I referred to as having seen some of his garbage in straight grade holders..

When I went back and checked there were none active, so here are a few he has sold recently.

toned garbage in PCGS holder.. SOLD

more toned garbage.

UGLY TONED JUNK

This one is SECURE??? GARBAGE

Just because its toned, doesnt mean it looks nice. Fake garbage striaight graded

He calls this one a monster... he is confused i think

he obviously needs a lesson on grading if he is sending this stuff in

Wow... look at this beast

getting alarming now.

Looky, another monster.....

JUST TO NAME A FEW

I spent way more time on that than I should've, I couldn't help myself though when you said you couldn't see any of his home cooked garbage toning that were straight graded. They all look the same, they are all junk and the reason you couldn't find any was because they are all ended right now, which I am glad because his stuff clogs up ebay listings enough as it is.

Does anyone know who this clown is? if so, maybe you could talk some sense into the guy.

It appears that we have different opinions regarding the meaning of "exactly the same as". ;)

It was a poor choice of words on my part considering the initial coin OP had linked. But overall, my opinion is that all of his AT'd coins have a very similar look, and I can't believe he has gotten so many of them put in a straight grade holder.

I don't see any textile. The pattern on the obverse looks like toned over fingerprints.

However, it is a shame that he continues to operate, destroying coins, and giving toning a bad name.

I dunno, I see dots simulating the textile bags.

col.jpg

The first rule of being a doctor is - do no harm.

(No - it is not "where's his wallet" -- that's the corporations that run hospitals and clinics.)

col.jpg

I don't know why a coin doctor would attempt to simulate a textile pattern on a Colombian half dollar, as opposed to a Morgan dollar.

I'm with PhysicsFan and think it's a finger or thumb print, two prints offset 90 degrees from one another that forms a cross hatch pattern. Maybe the 'Doc' left a clue?

col.jpg

I don't know why a coin doctor would attempt to simulate a textile pattern on a Colombian half dollar, as opposed to a Morgan dollar.

Does just toning a col half instead of a morgan make sense? And who knows for sure he hasn't done or plans to do some morgans?

They buy some toned coins already in PCGS holders. I have seen some toned coins on GreatCollections sell and then a few weeks later, edynamicmarketing is offering it on eBay.

Most of their raw stuff isn't even beautiful AT.

It is some sort of textile on the Columbian. Not the traditional kind, though. Maybe something to do with a paper towel.

They do not "do" them all. At least not all their graded ones. Some of them are in older generation holders.

Watch out, this eBayer just cropped up and is similar, maybe the same outlet. However, could be different than edynamicmarketing but buys from the same source for the raw coins.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/willifick/m.html?_trksid=p3692

He actually has so many of his toned garbage coins straight graded in PCGS holders that it makes me wonder, at what point does PCGS decide that they have had enough of this guy making an embarrassment out of them and what they are supposedly "experts" at?

There was a guy on PCGS years ago who made suckers of a lot of those members. His toned coins graded, then he told them he did it. Funny as heck. Shows you what BS they are. All those members want is their big TPG in the sky to crack the whip and they jump like trained seals. Pathetic, really.