• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Two Cents...

7 posts in this topic

I'm sure all of you check your change on any given transaction. In regards to chance; the previous two Fridays have been a boon for Lincoln Cents!

On March 11th; I received this back in change at a Dairy Queen. Sadly, the 16 year old didn't hesitate to hand me back this coin...didn't even confuse it as a dime; nor questioned it as a cent? Really? Wow! First time I ever received a steel cent back in change. I'm 42, and never had this happen!!! Picture isn't to show grade; just chance.

On Friday the 18th of March; I received another interesting coin back in change at a Taco Bell. A 1985 cent that appears to lack copper plating...very weird but cool! Two Fridays in a row; two cool cents! The '85 I'd expect the '43 to look from previous week in circulation. Heck; I can't wait till the 25th! What's next???!!!

161383.jpg.0aab8605acf8a5529bc46784e469a11d.jpg

161384.jpg.99e4d868bcf48488d8438a90327bf50c.jpg

CO Collector,

I improvised a test to see if this was an aforementioned experiment in the posted video you shared. Very interesting and thanks for sharing!

I wasn't successful in bringing out the bronze color. The original color of the cent remained.

I believe the copper coating on this cent was eaten away; leaving the greenish coat on it's zinc core / planchet. I suppose when future archaeologist dig up the remains of our civilization; that these copper coated Lincoln cents will appear similar to what I posted.

Rich