• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many 2005 Canadian dollar coins?

11 posts in this topic

Last year the RCM issued the largest number of dollar numismatic products in its history. Will it break another record this year?

This is what we have so far:

1. 40th Anniversary of Flag Silver Dollar (proof)

2. 40th Anniversary of Flag Silver Dollar (BU)

3. Tufted Puffin Nickel-Bronze Dollar (specimen)

4. Loon Nickel-Bronze Dollar (proof)

5. Loon Nickel-Bronze Dollar (BU)

6. Terry Fox Nickel-Bronze Dollar (BU)

7. Terry Fox Nickel-Bronze Dollar (circulation strike)

It's only March! What else is in the pipeline for this year?

Neither, really. I knew that you were collecting the older packaging, but didn't know if you were getting all of the ever expanding new releases. Got any spare Poppy 25 cents?

Haha! you said astute...

Umm... I wasn't referring to flatulence.

There are so many different RCM numismatic dollar products that I can't keep up. I bought a number of the 2004 packages for the article, but it looks like I'm going to have to rewrite it and include 2005 issues. I really don't feel like buying numerous versions of the same dollar type just to get the different hholders this year.

Perhaps I'll just collect photos of them.

I really don't feel like buying numerous versions of the same dollar type just to get the different hholders this year.

Geez, Shiroh, you feeling OK? Think of the joy the hockey dollar brings you!

-JamminJ

Perhaps I'll just collect photos of them.

Not a bad idea. thumbsup2.gif

I was ordering the silver 5 cents commems for a couple years. After the disappointing rendition that they did on the early Liz II portrait in 2003, I gave up. Maybe 5-10 years from now I can pick them up for cheap, if I'm still interested in doing a master set of Liz II 5 cents then.

I really don't feel like buying numerous versions of the same dollar type just to get the different hholders this year.

Geez, Shiroh, you feeling OK? Think of the joy the hockey dollar brings you!

-JamminJ

Ah, the wonderful Centre Ice Loon! Such a small coin with so minor a difference in design housed in so large a book! It's the pinnacle of the RCM's packaging prowess. cloud9.gif

Speaking of expensive packaging! I'm still hunting for a better example. It would be cool to have one of the original cases, but that seems like a stretch.

I saw one of those a few years back on eBay that sold for about $125. I regretted not bidding higher on it, but I saw the same one at Long Beach a few months later for $250. tonofbricks.gif