• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new book is going to print

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I'm reposting this message from the USA forum for the benefit of those interested primarily in world coins - DWL

My latest book has been completed and will be going to the printer this week. It is the second volume in my series of books about coin albums. This one details the operations of the late Robert Friedberg's Capitol Coin Company and its publishing division, The Coin and Currency Institute. Histories of both companies are included, along with a biography of Robert Friedberg, one of the most important figures in numismatics during the 1940s-60s.

The title of the new book is Coin Collecting Albums: A Complete History and Catalog, Volume Two. The album lines featured in this volume are the very popular Library of Coins and its lesser-known junior line, the Treasury of Coins. All titles, editions and varieties of each album are fully described and numbered, and the book includes a 64-page color section that illustrates all the products put out by The Coin and Currency Institute. It is a deluxe, hardcover reference similar in quality to my Volume One, which studied the National Coin Album and all of its associated products.

The list price of this book is $49.95, but I'm offering it at a pre-publication price of $45 until May 1, which is the expected delivery date. Shipping is $10 for priority mail in a sturdy box. All books ordered from me will be signed, unless requested otherwise. Inscribed copies are also available upon request.

I'm also offering the previous books published by my own imprint, PennyBoard Press, at a discount from their original prices. Volume One of my coin album series, mentioned above, was published at $75, but it is now available at the same $49.95 price of Volume Two, even though it is twice the number of pages. My book on the original 11"x14" coin boards, published at $39.95, is now just $19.95.

Interested persons may PM me for more information and ordering instructions. The book's front cover is illustrated below.

25278339840_6939e0b55c_z.jpgCoin Albums Volume Two by Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS), on Flickr