• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Grizzly posted by Jackson

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

this little coin may turn into a collection of the whole series.

I added my first gold coin to my granddaughter's bear-themed coin set. It is quite attractive in design and surprisingly well detailed for a 1/10th oz coin.

When looking through the other coins of the O Canada wildlife series coins, I really was taken with the other coins in the set- cougar, bison, bald eagle, wolf, beaver etc. I think the small coins wouldn't be too much of a stretch in budget to assemble, even though the smaller a gold coin gets the larger the percentage of cost over its gold value.

Here she is--my golden grizzly and it looks like time for another submission for a dozen or so new bear coins.

17324.jpg

See more journals by Jackson

Hi Jackson!

It's been a while since I had a look at your bear set. This post gave me the perfect opportunity to check it out. Let me say that I never knew there so many ways that you could depict a bear! In your sets you display a good deal of diversity in the coins you choose and now you're adding gold coins! I can never look at any of your sets without getting new ideas for mine. I love the creativity you exhibit in your sets. I'm sure your granddaughter will be delighted with this set. All the best.

Gary

thanks Gary--by the way, if I recall you are starting a new thematic set also? Coins/medals designed by Laura Frasier? I also was looking at your custom sets--a great proof set to add coins for your "For the Birds" collection is a Cayman Island proof set--I think all 7 or 8 coins depict various tropical birds--gorgeous designs ( I also have an extra flamingo coin or 2 from the Bahamas if you'd like one let me know--I'm submitting a few with my next submission for a "competitive set" and you are welcome to the lower graded one.)