• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC always offer Reholdering Service at the Whitman Show in Baltimore?

6 posts in this topic

I have a few coins that I think will look better in NGC's new slabs. It'll save me a few bucks to submit for reholdering at the Whitman show in shipping. But the show isn't for another month. I'll wait if they always provide the service (the news release about NGC being at the show isn't out yet). But if there's a chance that they won't provide the service this year, for whatever reason, I may as well just submit them for reholdering now.

I know that they do it at the winter FUN show because I've used the service. I can't tell you about Baltimore because I've never tried it. Customer service should be able to tell you on-line.

From the Submit / Events link on the NGC Home page I found the following.....

"NGC accepts submissions for all service levels at trade shows in the United States. Submitters must have an account with NGC."

... and they will be at the Baltimore EXPO

Following up on the page https://www.ngccoin.com/events/

They also explicitly indicate which shows they will provide on-site grading services at. At all other shows they simply accept the submissions and bring them back to the office.

there are two on-site events listed in Hong Kong, otherwise the only show that NGC does on-site is ANA WfoM in August

9-13

ANA-World's Fair of Money

Anaheim Convention Center

Anaheim, CA

* On-site Grading available

My experience is that on-site grading is usually $10 or $15 per coin above the tier price with a five coin minimum. Not sure if that is the case for re-holder or not, if so you might be better off just dropping them off and paying for return shipping and insurance.

I'm sure if you post a question at "Ask NGC" .Dena and Ali never sleep so they will get you an answer in a day or two.