• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you like to have talking coin holders?

14 posts in this topic

Squeeze it in the right spot and the holder would tell you about the coin and it's provenance, design, historical importance and current market value.

Maybe a future version would answer specific questions from prospective owners: "Were you ever dipped or cleaned?" "Are you stolen?" "Tell me what really happened when William Woodin traded the US Mint for you?"

Another version might allow slabs to talk to each other in dealer's cases or your pocket. A slab stolen at a show could shout "Stop! Thief! I'm stolen from WXY Coin Co.!

When I was a kid, I had these things that were like baseball cards that talked. This thing...

2agu6td.jpg

Every card had like a small vinyl (or something) disk on the back that would play a recording of stats or something, I can't remember exactly. But, yeah, similar to talking slabs.

...or maybe similar to talking coins really

Boom:

Funny too to note that the company LJN has become notoriously famous among the retro video gaming community as the worst video game publisher of all time.

We have many traditional areas that were serious and educational where you had to work to learn turned into circuses and clown shows. A local supermarket is full of talking animals, displays and videos from the farm playing constantly. Lots of noise for the kids. When people are overwhelmed with stimulation it is hard for them to stay focused.

...then maybe ones with a 3D projection that say "Buy me, O' be one," or flashing lights that scroll "Bargain! Bargain! Undergraded! Great Upgrade Play!"

Well...how about slabs with a little string on one side -- pull the string and the slab sprouts feet and walks around shouting "Look at Me! Look at Me! ME! ME! ME!" Maybe not -- back to the button and audio only.

Well...how about slabs with a little string on one side -- pull the string and the slab sprouts feet and walks around shouting "Look at Me! Look at Me! ME! ME! ME!" Maybe not -- back to the button and audio only.

We could always have slabs with AI built in. Although, I think they'd say "Please, don't sell me. I love you."

Part of the reason I love coins sooooooo much is because they don't talk. ... so No.

Wonder if I could get one for my wife that has a mute button. lol

Only if she's "slabbed."