• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photobucket.com advice?

14 posts in this topic

RE: Posting coin pics;

I know how to post photos on the message board; but my question is what is the safest site to copy links of your coin pics and post with disclosing too much info about yourself and your website? Any advice would be very helpful!

Thanks........!

too much info about yourself

The only info we can really gain from photobucket is based on pictures uploaded there. If you keep a separate account for your coins and your personal pics (if you load any personal pics at all), then this should be minimized.

and your website?

Isn't the point of having a website to share information? Why would you want to hide your website? Why do you have a website at all, if you don't want people to know about it?

Any advice would be very helpful!

Thanks........!

Photobucket is a useful tool. There are many other useful tools that do the same thing. If you are concerned about privacy, posting on a public message board might not be your best option - google trawls this website, as with most websites. However, we hope that you find a satisfactory resolution to your concerns, and begin to share your coins with us. Welcome to our corner of the internet!

Photobucket does the job and you can elect to keep your photo library private, meaning you can use the links to post images elsewhere, but no one can go to PB and access your images.

Best, HT

Photobucket does the job and you can elect to keep your photo library private, meaning you can use the links to post images elsewhere, but no one can go to PB and access your images.

Best, HT

This is what I do. Albums are private, but seamless posting of images on forums.

Brandon

I have a paid premium account for years and keep my images "private."

I use Internet Explorer to access this site.

I've never had a problem.

I got the below info from truefinder.com. I know you can't believe everything you read, but here is what they said: FYI

Do All Websites Use Geotagging?

Fortunately, no. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter strip EXIF data from your photos when you upload them. Pinterest, eBay, and Imgur are also on the no-geotagging list. Of the online dating sites, Match.com, PlentyofFish, and OKCupid also strip your pictures’ location data.

Meanwhile, Tumblr, Picasa, Photobucket, Dropbox, and Google+ don’t remove geotags from uploaded images. Flickr gives you the option to do it.

Some social media and photo sharing sites are unclear about whether or not they strip location data from your pictures. Craigslist doesn’t provide a definitive answer on its website. Neither does Tinder.

I got the below info from truefinder.com. I know you can't believe everything you read, but here is what they said: FYI

Do All Websites Use Geotagging?

Fortunately, no. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter strip EXIF data from your photos when you upload them. Pinterest, eBay, and Imgur are also on the no-geotagging list. Of the online dating sites, Match.com, PlentyofFish, and OKCupid also strip your pictures’ location data.

Meanwhile, Tumblr, Picasa, Photobucket, Dropbox, and Google+ don’t remove geotags from uploaded images. Flickr gives you the option to do it.

Some social media and photo sharing sites are unclear about whether or not they strip location data from your pictures. Craigslist doesn’t provide a definitive answer on its website. Neither does Tinder.

Interesting! I assumed that Photobucket stripped this information, as I recall reading a "privacy" lawsuit of some sort a few years back urging all online hosting sites to strip geotagging data in particular from the EXIF.

I am not sure geotagging is relevant for a images taken with a normal non-phone camera with no GPS connection? hm

Or is there info about the location where the image was uploaded from via the IP address?

Best, HT

I am not sure geotagging is relevant for a images taken with a normal non-phone camera with no GPS connection? hm

Or is there info about the location where the image was uploaded from via the IP address?

Best, HT

It is a non-issue for me, as my camera doesn't geotag because it isn't "smart" (i.e., it isn't on wifi or GPS). Geotagging is a security concern usually if you are using a cellular phone and you have not turned this "option" off (as you noted).