• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moroccan Coins have been HOT lately

5 posts in this topic

I know that it is a really tiny segment of the market, a small niche hidden away in the corner of Africa. But, I'm a big fan of Moroccan coinage. There have been some really nice examples on Heritage over the past couple of months, and I've bid many times the estimate - and been blown out of the water on most of it. Moroccan coinage is HOT right now!

Anyways, picked up this gorgeous piece on the Bay. Guess the grade! Also, feel free to post any Moroccan coinage you might have.

IMG_1797%20copy_zpshbqzxs4u.jpg

IMG_1800%20copy_zpsxafqri5g.jpg

63?

Nice piece! I also like coins from the Arabic-speaking world, as well as those near it whose language use or have used the Arabic alphabet.

Firstly, I will say that Jason your photography skills have come along nicely over the past year or so.

As for grade it is hard to tell. Maybe 64/65? The luster looks great but it's hard to tell how they felt about those few black specks on the reverse. Great original coin regardless of the assigned TPG grade.

Firstly, I will say that Jason your photography skills have come along nicely over the past year or so.

As for grade it is hard to tell. Maybe 64/65? The luster looks great but it's hard to tell how they felt about those few black specks on the reverse. Great original coin regardless of the assigned TPG grade.

Thanks for the compliments. Its really easy to photograph some coins - but my PLs are still giving me troubles.

This coin was graded MS-66. In hand, the black spots are hardly noticeable - for some reason, they appear quite prominently in any pictures I've seen of this coin (I bought it on Ebay, but it has also sold on Heritage in the past).