• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The New NGC Census and Price Guide

45 posts in this topic

Some of the changes are good. They load faster and it's easier to read.

There is one change I didn't like and I think Jason mentioned it as well.

I liked being able to jump from the pricing page, directly to the corresponding NGC Coin Explorer page for that coin. For example, 1885 CC Morgan. I believe pricing was on page two of the guide. After viewing the pricing, I would click on the date and it would take me to this page: https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/morgan-dollars-pscid-49/1885-cc-s1-ms-coinid-17160

I can no longer do that. I've learned how to directly navigate to the page via the NGC Coin Explorer "link" on the "Resources" tab, but I wish they would re-establish the link from the pricing page.

Sometimes, SW user needs are not clear to developers. Extensive user input is best, but it is also tough to manage when your company is paying $1,000/hr for a pod of programmers.

I would like to commend and thank Scott for his dedicated attention to these matters. It's great to see and speaks very highly of both him and NGC. (thumbs u

I wish they would re-establish the link from the pricing page.

This functionality will be restored soon.

Thanks Scott. That's great to hear.

I echo Mr. Feld's praise. I really appreciate you spending the time to listen to our concerns/gripes and respond accordingly.

I haven't used the NGC technical links to auctions, etc. that much, but have been doing it more since I have been having trouble with using the HA archives, for some reason I have been finding Heritage harder to get auction results within their system.

I'm hoping to see the link re-established between the population figure shown on the Certification Verification page and the data page for that specific item. This my be a similar issue to what has already been described above, although I noticed the change before the update.

When I type in 2678315-002, for instance, it comes of as a 1947-S BTW with a pop of 19 in that grade. If I click on the 19, it now takes me to the main page for all silver commems, forcing you to search the entire list to find the 1947-S BTW. This becomes very disconcerting when trying to find something less mundane, like a specific Conder token. :(

The census needs to be corrected for the 1822 half eagle. I see an XF-40 and AU-50 which is impossible since the Pogue coin is the only one owned privately.

I'm not familiar with the specific issue, but I know that NGC has certified coins in museums (such as the Smithsonian). I would guess those coins would be part of the census.

A suggestion after using the new NGC website features and everything...

It's minor and doesn't affect the functionality of the website, but I think the Member Homepage could be cleaned up a little bit.

The main thing I check on my Member Homepage is Submission Tracking. After that, I probably use the order forms most.

I'm not a website designer, but I don't think it's necessary to include the images of the price guide, order forms, etc on the Member Homepage....these things...

260e4x2.png

I think larger text and maybe a stylized graphic would be better.

A suggestion after using the new NGC website features and everything...

It's minor and doesn't affect the functionality of the website, but I think the Member Homepage could be cleaned up a little bit.

The main thing I check on my Member Homepage is Submission Tracking. After that, I probably use the order forms most.

I'm not a website designer, but I don't think it's necessary to include the images of the price guide, order forms, etc on the Member Homepage....these things...

260e4x2.png

I think larger text and maybe a stylized graphic would be better.

:signofftopic:

Seems this comment should be directed to NGC. But, HST, I personally like having all of those things on my Member Homepage and am capable of finding the Submission Tracking icon when needed.

Best, HT

I was recently looking at the World Coin census, and noticed that many PL coins don't show up in the census anymore. They used to be there (and some of them still are). The census normally handles PL coins as a separate line item (similar to how RD, RB, and BN are separate line items). (A user on another forum recently mentioned he was having the same problem: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/ngc-world-census-no-way-to-see-ms-pl.276608/ )

A couple of the coins I was looking at were Portugal 1916 50C in 63PL, and Sweden 1961TS 50O in 66PL.

Any word on how to get those to appear? I tried messing with the filters, but I don't think that's the problem here. Thanks.

• Administrator
A couple of the coins I was looking at were Portugal 1916 50C in 63PL, and Sweden 1961TS 50O in 66PL.

Any word on how to get those to appear? I tried messing with the filters, but I don't think that's the problem here. Thanks.

The two above mentioned coins will appear in the Census after the next update is published on Monday, April 4. From what I can tell, they never appeared in the Census, so this isn't a glitch, per say.

PL coins should appear beneath their non-PL counterparts. You can email NGC customer service if a coin you have is missing, and it should be addressed quickly. Include a cert number in the email message, if possible.