• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay... Hilarious!

17 posts in this topic

So I was on my account, and I see a message, not about an item. So I click on it. I never expected what I saw:

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-14%20at%2011.54.14%20AM_zpsc0sf7v6k.png

What a jerk! I guess eBay trolls are becoming a thing. But COIN trolls?! Here's what I wrote back:

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-14%20at%2011.54.20%20AM_zps2io4amyf.png

Just got this:

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-14%20at%203.24.47%20PM_zpszzcax5jw.png

And for those of you who don't know... I have never owned a toned Morgan.

I've sent messages to people on E-Bay when they have 40 coins all with exactly the same kind of easy bake oven type toning, telling them that calling that toning natural is dishonest. They usually respond with some BS about all toning being artificial.

On a single coin or 2 I'd need to be certain before calling someone out though. Still, if they don't hear about it they just go and ruin more coins. They need to be confronted for the good of the hobby.

I think the author needs to understand better what he's talking about in your case.

Keyboard warriors are a dime a dozen on eBay.

They are a dime a dozen regardless of where you go.

Anonymity brings out the worst in people.

[Whew! ....I was afraid no one would 'get' that one.]

"Allor si mosse, e io li tenni dietro." Then he [Virgil] moved on, and I followed behind.

[Whew! ....I was afraid no one would 'get' that one.]

"Allor si mosse, e io li tenni dietro." Then he [Virgil] moved on, and I followed behind.

Actually what you wrote was "Then he moved on, and I held them behind"

If you wanted to say same phrase but intended "follow" opposed to "held" it is "Allor si mosse, e ho seguito dietro." Just saying :)

OK. Just quoting Dante...so it's not original from me. (My Italian is so bad that when I order soup at a restaurant, they serve me a piece of rock....)

It sounds to me like the guy probably wrote the first message to you while he was drunk, and the second he was sober. doh!

Franklins rule!!!

Tim Hayes has been on eBay about four years with 100% feedback (as a seller too).

He's really not hiding behind anything, thus the "troll" label is a bit harsh?

What what he messaged you kind or necessary? Absolutely not. It was a bit rude and condescending, to be sure.

Doesn't make him a troll though.

Tim Hayes has been on eBay about four years with 100% feedback (as a seller too).

He's really not hiding behind anything, thus the "troll" label is a bit harsh?

What what he messaged you kind or necessary? Absolutely not. It was a bit rude and condescending, to be sure.

Doesn't make him a troll though.

He also wrote lol WRONG GUY THERE WERE 2.

Tons of contradictions. Troll.