• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This idiotic eBayer left negative feedback because he had to pay customs!

19 posts in this topic

Link

sign-rantpost.gif

I only charged him $5 for priority mail To Canada,he got it about a week later and sent me e-mail:

"I get coin today You so greedy make me pay twice"

confused-smiley-013.gif

He never replied to any of my e-mails,and I didn't know what he meant till he left feedback.

It almost makes me want to stop selling to foreign folks,but I know alot of nice Canadian collectors...

Some people... screwy.gif

Hayden, how many people do you know on these boards, other boards and other dealers that sell on eBay? If everyone "blocked" him from bidding, you wouldn't have to worry about the cheapskape insufficiently_thoughtful_person anymore. Some people just can't be satisfied.

Just a suggestion.

Chris

I tried sending the following but ebay says, "Unable to submit question, you have reached the daily limit of emails that you can send."

Hi

How cool! You left a guy a NEG because you had to pay a custom fee! I just don't get it! You bought the coin and the seller didn't pay a fee so you can have your coin! Your the guy who lives outside of the country that you decided to buy from and so you NEG a seller for that? Perhaps it's your fault for living in Canada! The seller has no control over what countries decide to charge for running your mail/internet expeditures! If the seller had known that he was responsible for such custom fees then wouldn't you think the seller would have added the extra charge for international bidders. You need to apologize to this seller and work together to have the NEGS removed.

You are also sending a message to sellers to exclude sales outside of the good ole USA!

Have a nice day!

Leo

Anyone who has bought anything across the border knows about duty. Particularly on the Canadian side! The guy is a cheap insufficiently_thoughtful_person who is just trying to get you to discount the coin. Plus his sentence structure needs some work.

Hey Leo,

I'll send it for you, you know us cats need to stick together! grin.gif

Thanks Paul

I'm also going to need help educating a number of collectors in another matter I posted in the US Coin forum! Those innocent bystanders are like little children I hold under my wings when collecting the full step Jeffersons, I can't let any harm come to them! I find it an interesting endeaver to use the power of the word to persuade their fragle minds in the right direction in collecting this series!

Leo 27_laughing.gif

What a pitiful excuse for an "ebay buyer"! I'm glad you negged him back, as maybe when he cools down, you two can negotiate a mutual withdrawal. But I doubt it, since the guy's an obvious total person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point!

James

A fellow forum member recently told me that customs forms are not required on international mail unless it weighs more than a pound. I will test this out today when I mail some international packages.

However, if they are required, I always list the item as a token (it's not legal tender in this country) and I put the value at $0. Some countries won't accept a $0 value, so if that is the case where you are sending it, list $5. I've never heard of any of my buyers having to pay customs. A few have even thanked me for my listing the item as such.

The buyer of your item is just a jerk. Looks like you did nothing wrong. The neg he gave you hurts since your feedback is so low, but anyone who reads it and your response should not have a problem with it. It's the type of feedback I would ignore if I were a buyer. After a while that neg will be so far buried that no one will care about it. I'm also glad you negged him back!

Thanks guys,I doubt he'll try to make up as he never replied to any of my e-mails.

When I first sold the coin I sent an invoice right away,and never heard back from him till a Money order arrived about 12 days later.As I had said he got it in a week and e-mailed me.He actually said he was going to contact eBay!I don't know if he ever did...

BTW I posted this across the street also: Link

-Hayden

A fellow forum member recently told me that customs forms are not required on international mail unless it weighs more than a pound. I will test this out today when I mail some international packages.

From the USPS website:

A customs form is not required on the following categories of mail:

Non-dutiable letter-post items that weigh less than 16 ounces.

I discovered that they were not really required when my postal clerk dropped the forms in the trash when I handed them to him. Some clerks are sticklers and want the form no matter what. If you have a computerized postal machine they do not ask for the form.

-JamminJ

From the USPS website:

A customs form is not required on the following categories of mail:

Non-dutiable letter-post items that weigh less than 16 ounces.

I discovered that they were not really required when my postal clerk dropped the forms in the trash when I handed them to him. Some clerks are sticklers and want the form no matter what. If you have a computerized postal machine they do not ask for the form.

-JamminJ

OK, I tried mailing the items today without the customs form and found out that you need them. It is only not required for DOCUMENTS. Anything considered merchandise needs the forms. I discussed this for 10+ minutes with the postal clerk. He said if the package doesn't look like it has documents in it, you better use the form or risk getting it returned.

He said Canada is the worst when it comes to the forms and they are cracking down. They will send the stuff back after holding it for MONTHS. Also, they are starting to send stuff back that is listed as having a value of $0. He said to use $5 to prevent this from happening. He showed me a receipt for a old hand made bed spread sent from one family member to the other. The value was listed as zero and it was returned over a month later by customs. The package was originally sent EXPRESS MAIL!

Also found this out, any items of value cannot be mailed using Express Mail. However, you can insure Express Mail up to $5,000. Confused? So was the postal clerk.

Thanks guys,I doubt he'll try to make up as he never replied to any of my e-mails.

When I first sold the coin I sent an invoice right away,and never heard back from him till a Money order arrived about 12 days later.As I had said he got it in a week and e-mailed me.He actually said he was going to contact eBay!I don't know if he ever did...

BTW I posted this across the street also: Link

-Hayden

It's all those cheap drugs everyone up there is buying! They all seem to be on something! 27_laughing.gif

Leo

Hey Hayden...

Geeez that blows. The guy is a turd. I sent him the following...

"Let me get this straight... You gave a guy negative feedback because you had to pay the customs fee? Wow...Do you realiize this is not the sellers fault? You got charged customs because you live in Canada. As a result of your actions, I've put you on my own "Block List". I don't want people like you winning any of my auctions."

Thanks for posting you incidence.

-Charlie

It's all those cheap drugs everyone up there is buying! They all seem to be on something! 27_laughing.gif

Leo

French Canadian???

27_laughing.gif

In response to the customs forms,I always ship foreign via the flat rate priority mail envelopes.It saves me money as I can stuff them full devil.gif plus folks tend to like you more if it gets to them in under a week.

I've considered banning foreign buyers,but I don't think I will.There is just to big a customer base in foreign countries.In fact several of the items I just recently sold were to foreign people.One already got it and left positive feedback.He paid fast and was a great buyer.I think it would be un-fair to block this induvidial out.But if I get negged by another foreign buyer,I'll call it quits and you all can say"told you so!"

I am glad I only ship to the USA!

YEP!

I rarely sell anything but only to people in the US and no paypal with credit cards either!

Is this loser anywhere near Ottawa? I can swing by and smack him upside the head for you on my way through in August! wink.gif

With the ongoing concensus developing here, it appears to be only an educational problem. Canadians are people just like you and I, they like to collect coins as well. I don't think condemning an entire country because of a few anal buyers from that area is too American, is it? I have sold coins as far as Europe, The Bahamas and including Canada! We also have military brothers stationed in these overseas areas and they collect coins! Think twice before closing your doors to some of these folks overseas. Like I said, it's an educational thing, a lack of communication that can easily be addressed and in the long run, you'll make someone very happy!

Leo