• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

identifying a rough Roman bronze

3 posts in this topic

romanbronzeobverse_zpsiwhr4fht.jpg.html

If that does not work, as direct photo posting has never, ever, ever before ever worked for me, ever, then here is a link: rough Roman bronze

However you get there, right arrowing will get you the coin's reverse.

It is 15mm, obviously cleaned (was probably too coated with crud to identify otherwise), and was very inexpensive ($5). The seller thought it was Constantine. I don't, because I do not find examples of AE4s of Constantine where he's wearing a pearl diadem, as the image shows (the scan is unfortunately not very sharp, but is the best I can do).

I believe it to be an AE4, and that the mint in exergue of SMN is Nicomedia. I suspect that the obverse is Constantius II. The reverse shows all the outlines of a FEL TEMP REPARATIO fallen horseman coin. If anyone has any more specifics to suggest, that would be fantastic.

Your link takes you to the photobucket image. On the right side of the screen you see Share this photo and below it three links labeled Direct, HTML, and Image. If you click on the link labeled Image it will momentarily say "copied".

Put your cursor in the reply section of the thread and press Ctrl-V. You will get what you see below. (I have added a space between the first bracket and URL and between the bracket and IMG so you can see what the link looks like.)

[ URL=http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/jkk16/media/romanbronzeobverse_zpsiwhr4fht.jpg.html][ IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/jkk16/romanbronzeobverse_zpsiwhr4fht.jpg[/img][/url]

When you then hit reply you will see the image in the thread like this.

romanbronzeobverse_zpsiwhr4fht.jpg