• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin sighting in an old TV show!!!! Twilight Zone, S1, E17, TWO SCREEN SHOTS!

12 posts in this topic

In the late 90's, the Riviera in Vegas had a slot with a glass chamber at the top which held the jackpot of 100,000 Morgan and Peace dollars. One of the Morgan dollars on the outer edge was an 1893 which appeared to be in low MS condition. Could it have been an "S" or a "CC"? I played this dollar slot for three years trying to hit the jackpot, but on the 4th year, it was gone. C'est la vie!

Chris

There is another episode where a guy tosses a coin into box to buy a newspaper, and it lands in its edge. Weird stuff happens to him for the rest of day until he returns to the same place, and throws another coin in that knocks it over, and he life returns to normal. I saw that episode over 50 years ago and have not seen it since. It just stuck with me like many Twilight Zone plots.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The coin-on-edge episode starred (short for Richard, which gets auto-zapped) York, who would be cast as Darrin Stevens on Bewitched shortly afterward. He was replaced with Sargent in 1969, because York had debilitating back pain that ended his career. It seems like his luck from that freak quarter had finally run out.

For this who don't know who "spoon" Sargent was, his proper name was probably Richard Sargent. Of all the dirty minds that might be on this forum, the auto censor has to be the worst. ;)

There were a lot of well known actors took Twilight Zone parts. Richard Shatner and Gladdis Cooper to name a couple.

Wow! Now the VAMpires will be trying to identify the varieties of those coins in the payout tray. (Heck, now all you get is a paper ticket --- not the same experience.)

"A Penny for Your Thoughts," February 3, 1961.

I saw it too, but probably years later, in re-runs.

From memory, I think (not sure whatsoever), the newsstand guy brings it to his attention that the coin is on edge. Maybe says something like today is your lucky day.

Found the episode on Wikipedia.

Wow, just going through the titles on Wiki, some of the episodes you know immediately what they are about.

For example, "To Serve Man." The masses sure got that one 180 degrees wrong!

My fave from memory was an old woman in an old house, and these tiny little spacesuit guys are ruining her life. You're really rooting for her to get the upper hand and when she finally does, and is smashing their miniature flying saucer as they are trying to get away, their distress call is overheard and you realize they are human beings on a different planet.

For this who don't know who "spoon" Sargent was, his proper name was probably Richard Sargent. Of all the dirty minds that might be on this forum, the auto censor has to be the worst. ;)

There were a lot of well known actors took Twilight Zone parts. Richard Shatner and Gladdis Cooper to name a couple.

Yeah, Captain Kirk (Shatner) was in several episodes. The one with the monster on the airplane wing and the other with that "truth teller" gadget at the diner. TZ is one of the greatest shows in TV history and the reason they are quite memorable.

If you haven't seen any of these in 50 years you just aren't watching. There are repeats all of the time. Even Netfix has it now.

jom