• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flooding in St. Louis area, particularly my suburb

7 posts in this topic

I have a few orders to ship out, and am expecting a few payment as well, from coins on my website sold to board members. Unfortunately, as you certainly know, my home town of Fenton is basically inaccessible right now due to extremely high water. The post office is shut down since there is water on the back step, just on the verge of pouring into the building.

Please have patience until the water recedes, which probably won't be for a few days. I attempted to get out this morning, but all four major highways are blocked, such that Fenton is practically an island sitting in the middle of the flood (there are a few small roads that remain accessible).

Thanks, and stay dry and safe, everybody!

Wow James.......take care of yourself and your family! That's so scary stuff going on in your neck of the woods lately!! I'm sorry you're stuck in that!

Thanks everyone, and also for the very kind PMs!!

Roads have been passable, all except one major highway, as of yesterday morning. I simply commend the road crews out here, who did an INCREDIBLE job of cleaning off the pavements, removing debris, etc. Good old Midwestern values, right there, of getting the job finished so everyone else can get on with normal lives!

I finally got to the Post Office yesterday to send off payments and packages - if you are expecting something from me, it ought to get to you in five days or so. They are still only partially operable, as the floodwater still stands on the P.O. parking lot, and their cleanup crew was still working as of yesterday.

Thanks again for all the concern. I was one of the lucky ones, since my home is high and dry, but there are many unfortunate folks who were not so lucky.

Not a whole lot you can do about a flood. During the '08 flood, I gave up on worrying. I set up a lawn chair in my yard and threw a line out in the water...caught a small crappie. ;) Best of luck, and I hope your town gets back to normal soon.