• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Number

13 posts in this topic

When i see my grading reports they always seem to have NG.GRDR2 (i.e. Grader Number 2) noted as the Grader who graded the coins. Does this mean that this is the 2nd grader to grade the coins or actualy 'Grader Number 2'.

Grader #2 was the second grader.

Grader #3 was the third grader, and so forth.

After Grader #5 - the fifth grader - they became middle-schoolers and get treated with hormones to turn them into "teens" and other metamorphic forms of h`omo sapiens. Other animals, notably many insects, do this metamorphosis in private so others are not disturbed, but h`omo sapiens handles this in public institutions and marketing segments.

As to whether Grader #2 was the second grader in line, or really the second grader whose identification number was "1," is unknowable and you;d probably not want to know the answer even if it was knowable....well, maybe.....

Now that you've been confused.....hopefully someone will come along with an answer to you question; which, was not nearly a silly as this answer.

well at least i hope you amused yourself. my guess is that grader 1 is the first person to grade (wether he is grader no. 50 in the list of graders - as in that is his badge number) and grader 2 is the second person to grade (wether he is grader no 40 in the list of graders). but thanks for your intelligent response. you're such a funny guy - pfffffffffffft

There are some ex NGC employees wandering about. They might be able to translate the code -- although my version is probably more fun! :)

• Administrator
When i see my grading reports they always seem to have NG.GRDR2 (i.e. Grader Number 2) noted as the Grader who graded the coins. Does this mean that this is the 2nd grader to grade the coins or actualy 'Grader Number 2'.

I'm not exactly sure where you are seeing this, but that is simply the name of the report format. It stands for NGC GRADING REPORT 2.

so does that mean that each coin has two reports:) i know people dont ask these questions but it is just my nature and i like to understand processess. when i was at school i was always told 'you dont need to know that' haha :)

PS i am only joking as i get your point nothing complex just a simple report number :) but i am quite humbled to get a reply to my post from someone so high in the NGC hierarchy.

PPS my simple mind did however think if each coin did infact recieve two reports then that would slow the sytem. But i do now understand that when events are taking place around the globe then 'graders' become short at base and that can slow down grading turnaround times. Not that i am complaining. I find NGC customer service quite extraordinary - second to none :)

I'm not exactly sure where you are seeing this, but that is simply the name of the report format. It stands for NGC GRADING REPORT 2.

I would not use the word "simply". That is some secret decoder ring message deciphering skill, right there. If a person can decipher that, they should be working at NSA. :whee:

Scott means it is just the layout and content of the internal report.

This has to be identified for each coin so that it can serve the company's information needs and give customers the best service. Many different reports can be drawn from the database. (A relational database is used to store and retrieve data that are related in some manner.) Typically, some reports are used for internal purposes and others become part of the published data.

Companies use reports with different content and formats for specific purposes; a financial analyst will want different information than a market analyst, and senior management will need yet a different view of company information.

The syntax "NG.GRDR2" is the coded report name - think of it as an abbreviation - used by the database. This tells the dB (looks like an Oracle 12 product or SQL Server ?) to collect certain data from the tables and assemble it according to a specific plan, then make a series of calculations (if required), and then format everything so a person can understand the results.

sounds a bit complex. i thought it was simply the number of the grader. i.e. if there are 50 people grading then they would put their grading number to the report i.e grader 25 done this coin and grader 34 done that coin. i also thought maybe certain graders were more expert on certain coins. for example graders 5 and 6 are experts on cents and graders 25 and 27 are experts on silver dollars.

just shows how simple and out of date my little mind is. but i suppose what i said above may sound complex - haha

anyhow at least i now know what i thought was wrong, and i wont even think to understand other than it is simply a report format ref. :))

but thanks for the insight :) Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt the "simple and out of date little mind" parts....It was a misinterpretation, that's all; and a good question that no one else bothered to post. So, really, you should congratulate yourself for taking the initiative where others failed to do so.

RWB

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

i thought it was simply the number of the grader

Graders are not numbered; they have names... :grin: