• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some help

8 posts in this topic

Ihave 4 graded Morgans and i am considering having GNC do a crossover grading on them. They all have MS 66 or higher grades. i need to know more about the current grading companies and if ill lose substantial grading by doing a crossover.

COIN ONE IS A 1899-O Morgan MS 67 RAINBOW Graded by NNC National Numismatic Certification. Very beautiful coin.

COIN TWO IS A 1879-S Morgan MS 66 DMPL Graded by NNC National Numismatic Certification. Very beautiful coin.

COIN THREE IS A 1881 Morgan MS 66 Graded by NAS Numismatic Authentication Service. Very beautiful coin. Very Rare at the grade.

COIN FOUR AND MY FAVORITE IS A 1890 Morgan MS 66 Graded by PNC. Very beautiful coin.

Very Rare at the grade. I can't find any information about this grading company.

I need a little help here.

Thanks

NNC is a self-slabber and all came from a seller on ebay called centsles.

Unfortunately there is not much likelihood that NGC is going to grade the same as what NNC put on the slab. They would be submitted as raw coins.

FWIW, NGC has only certified 292 1890 morgans in 65 and 7 in 66.

Never heard of those other 2.

Welcome to the forum.

While images might help considerably, sight-unseen, the odds tell me it's highly unlikely that NGC would grade the coins even within a point of the current grades. And they do no accept crossovers from the slabbers you mentioned.

Welcome to the forum.

While images might help considerably, sight-unseen, the odds tell me it's highly unlikely that NGC would grade the coins even within a point of the current grades. And they do no accept crossovers from the slobbers you mentioned.

Late as always..But have to ask, what is slobbers?

Welcome to the forum.

While images might help considerably, sight-unseen, the odds tell me it's highly unlikely that NGC would grade the coins even within a point of the current grades. And they do no accept crossovers from the slobbers you mentioned.

Thought you'd never ask.

It's how those companies select the grade. Place two cards; one with a 66 and one with a 67, under a basset hound's snout and show it a steak, and look see which one it slobbers on first.

Welcome to the forum.

It's "slabbers" with a typo. ;)

IMO, it might be a good exercise for you to send them to NGC for grading. You'll need to crack them out of their current holders. NGC only accepts PCGS for cross over.

I doubt you'll get within 1 point of the current grades. The toning you mentioned is an entirely different issue. Without seeing the coins, it's difficult to tell whether they'll get a straight grade due to potential AT.

If you can post pictures, the members will be able to give you better advice. My post is purely a SWAG based on what I know about the exploits of NNC.

If you do decide to crack them out and send them to NGC, would you mind posting the results?

Other companies would consider crossing over, if you write on the invoice cross at numerical grade, but NGC would only grade those as raw. PCGS, ICG and Anacs would allow a crossover on those terms, but undoubtably the grades will go down.