• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

49 Veiws and no replies...Thanks guys!!!!! pgm 1887 DDO Indian Head Cent

8 posts in this topic

I was not one of the original 49 views, but I'm sure those people decided they couldn't give you a grade without seeing the whole coin. There is not a complete picture of either side, and what you are showing has environmental damage and PVC residue.

I didn't want to say anything because the coin was a "details grade" piece. People jump on me now and then for being too negative.

I know it's rare, but it's got preservation issues. For what it's worth I'd grade the coin EF-40 sharpness, environmental damage, net grade VF-20.

Murty,

I just joined this site. While looking around, the "no reply" intrigued me. You'll find these sites are filled with collectors like myself who add their 2c to everything...lol.

The photo shows your coin was already graded & insert indicates by PCGS. IMO the coin is a VF/XF liner. It is in desperate need of professional conservation. After that, it may push an AU details grade; however the corrosion at the date appears to have reached the point of no return. Proper conservation will remove the dirt, much of the discoloration at the date, and leave the coin glossy. It's a shame the grading service did not contact you about conservation before the coin was slabbed. Neat coin!