• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wife finds toned keelboat nickel!

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyoneWhile the wife was deep cleaning a bathroom at a Godfathers pizza joint, she came across this 2004-D nickel. It was stuck in a corner by a mass of gunk and crapp behind some toilet that probably accumulated overtime from several moppings! So together with whatever mopping soap they used, this thing really toned over a ralatively short period of time. If I can clean off the heavy black stuff, I'm wondering if the underlying toning will remain. Where the coin isn't heavily soiled smile.gif there is an incredible array of pastel colors that I couldn't capture with the camera. Any advise would be helpful. It's definitely not a high grade coin and it doesn't have any steps! 27_laughing.gif I can't tell you how many times I have turned that date over to check the steps but only to be reminded that there are no steps! 27_laughing.gif

Image Hosting by Vendio

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

Get simple, reliable, and affordable image hosting with Vendio today!

Leo

It was stuck in a corner by a mass of gunk and crapp behind some toilet
I don't think I'd touch that coin...
Why? The thing probably got waxed a hundred times! 27_laughing.gifWell.......thanks for the sound advice everyone but I went ahead a cleaned it in Blue Ribbon and "presto" here's what I got!

Image Hosting by Vendio

Smart Services for Smart Sellers

Get simple, reliable, and affordable image hosting with Vendio today!

Leo 27_laughing.gif

It was stuck

in a corner by a mass of gunk and crapp behind some toilet

I don't think I'd touch that coin...

Potty toned. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm with Jeremy. wink.gif

Hoot

Okay guys! Ha! Ha! Very funny! smile.gif

The reason why the coin looks pee yellow is that I used one of those new compact florescent bulbs that screw into a regular light bulb socket! It's not because the coin was hit from bad aiming at the john! From the cleaning I gave it, it did wipe up insane.gif the neat toning it had. frown.gif But it's a low grade coin so I'm not breaking up here over it. 27_laughing.gif

Leo