• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling Complete Collection

32 posts in this topic

This thread is OT now and moderators should delete all posts except original OP posts.

Anyway, this thread is good reminder for me, that I better have twenty $1000 coins in my collection, than 1000 $20 dollars coins - much easier to sell if I wanted to sell.

Some of the posts you apparently want deleted are the very ones which serve as the good reminder to you.

I'm with you Mark...don't delete any posts it has been good and friendly and an on topic exchange of ideas that could help someone else eventually.

Mike...look sorry if I offended you. Nobody here threw comments directed at you as an individual...like Mark said this was about helping. You would have every right to be miffed if we said stuff like "Wow that Mike is a real rube and his coins are horrible," but we wouldn't as NGC is a great friendly board of people with all kinds of knowledge and interests combined.

Like Mohawk, I'm miffed at your Ebay comments. I've sold on eBay before and would never do that ever. Ebay takes that practice real serious. I collect 78s too, and there was a guy out west who had all kinds of serious gems. I bought a Victor Vernon and Irene Castle sleeve circa 1910-13 range and had my eyes on more goodies next week. Next week all his auctions vanished, and the nice seller shot out emails to all his customers. What had happened was eBay thought the guy was shill bidding, because there was like one guy who was bidding on tons of his records (the seller had like hundreds of awesome 78s). The guy bidding was just wealthy with deep pockets, but none the less it was red flags for eBay.

Like Rick said be wary of your dealer that talks about taking part in shill bidding. He sounds pretty unscrupulous. I had a dealer like that once and wised up. He seemed really nice at first, but turned out to be a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person and jerk.

Best of luck man, I really would mellow out and listen. No one is being a jerk. I've been learning how to do all kinds of handyman stuff lately and if I didn't seek out good advice, and take everything personally...all my projects would be a complete mess. These people just don't want to see your project fail.