• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting a Coin(s) in Government packaging

3 posts in this topic

I cannot find the answer to this question elsewhere.

I know NGC accepts coins in the original government packaging, but what if I submit a Proof Set in original packaging do all of the coins have to be graded? If I only want to have one or two coins graded will NGC return the rest of the coins and if so is there an extra charge above the charge for returning Mint packaging? Let's just say for sake of the argument that there is not a 5 coin minimum. I want to submit a coin or two in a 1979 proof set but I don't want to have to pay to have all of the coins graded.

Thanks

• Administrator

Yes, you may send all the coins in the proof set and indicate which coins you would like graded. Grading fees would apply to those coins only. However, you must include values for all the coins sent (regardless of whether or not they are being graded) for the return shipping and insurance.