• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964 ¥1000 yen Olympic coin posted by james5630

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Surprised!

When my Japanese grandfather past away I was going to throw everything away when I found out he was a coin collector and had lots of old Japanese paper money and coins. And from other countries. So I decided to keep it and continue what he started. And. I remembere as a boy, my father also collected coins and stamps. That we used to do together.

17024.jpg

See more journals by james5630

James,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather but I'm so glad to hear that you're planning to continue what he started. Japanese coins are really lovely, I really enjoy them. I don't have many myself right now but I'm hoping to change that. Best of luck with your new venture!

Best Regards

~Tom

This coin has a beautiful and elegant design with Mt. Fuji flanked by cherry blossoms. Hard to tell by the photo but seems to me to be about a MS 65-66, worth about $60-$80 when graded.

Hope you continue with the fascinating hobby that your Grandfather enjoyed.