• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quality Stuff; 1750 Pillar Dollar, 1/10 oz Platinum Maple Leafs

1 post in this topic

Today I was given the opportunity to obtain an Albanian coin that I've actively been looking for by a dealer and I've had to jump on it.

Sadly this means I have to liquidate certain holdings to help finance this purchase.

First up is this Pillar Dollar

http://auction.sedwickcoins.com/Mexico-City-Mexico-pillar-8-reales-Ferdinand-VI-1750MF_i23425064

I literally won the coin at auction yesterday and haven't even received the invoice yet. I do not like toned or dark coins at all so i have been hunting for a nice original untoned Pillar Dollar for the past year. Unfortunately the timing with the Albanian coin is extremely poor so I have to sell it. I am offering my cost of 487 plus shipping for the piece which I think is an extremely attractive price given that the coin is a lot better than the majority of 8 reales slabbed in TPG AU50/53 plastic. Plus the coin is actually untoned which for me personally is a requirement. If this sells quick enough I can even have the coin shipped directly from Sedwick to your place of address without the coin even going through me. I don't expect this one to last long

Next up are a couple of Gem BU 1993 Canadian 1/10 oz Platinum leafs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391307116393?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I am asking $180 per coin. These are sealed in their original RCM packaging. While that price sounds absurd they regularly sell on eBay for over $200. The mintage of these 1/10 coins is absurdly low and leaps and bounds rarer than there American Platinum Eagle counterparts. Of course if any interest arises feel free to send me a pm I will respond very promptly and most importantly in a friendly manner. P.S- I don't have much history here but I am a frequent poster on the cointalk forum under the same username