• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction Archives

4 posts in this topic

OK, I don't know if anyone would be interested in this or if many don't already know but I've recently dug up the Stacks archive while looking for information on a coin.'

Old Stacks

Often I'm frustrated with the new Stacks/Bowers when I'm on Coinfacts. The CF auction records point to the Stack/Bowers website but many times there are no photos of the coins (broken photo links...don't me started on the lame S/B website). However, if you look up the same coin under the old Stacks link I gave you can often find it with the photos intact! They seem to have auctions from 2003 through 2010 or so. Just look under "Auctions" pull down menu.

I thought it was kind of cool so I thought I'd share.

jom

Interesting and useful link.

Do you happen to know where the old Teletrade archives are? When they were subsumed into the Stacks machine, the whole Teletrade site seems to have been deleted.

Quite often if you click on the "view the auction" button, you will got to the lot with a picture. At least that is true if the coin has been sold over the last few years.

For sales eariler than that, it's lost in the cloud.

Interesting and useful link.

Do you happen to know where the old Teletrade archives are? When they were subsumed into the Stacks machine, the whole Teletrade site seems to have been deleted.

When using CF if the auction lists a coin from TT you will get a link to S/B with what is obviously an old Teletrade photo (or nothing at all as stated above). But just like the other archives from S/B the TT photos are small and hard to see. Frustrating....Heritage and GC are really the only houses with good archives. S/B's needs to clean up their act. They've got all of the data but they haven't bothered to put it into useful form.

Most of the links to DLRC from CF have disappeared as well although it is possible you can still search DLRC for the info. Not sure about that though....

jom